Hey Fam!
Sorry I've written some "shorter" letters. I guess I made a standard for myself and now I have to live up to it. I'll see what I can do :) First off whenever you see Fred again hug him or shake his hand for me and tell him thanks for being such a great example too me. Most missionaries have these cool stories of how they knew they needed to go on missions. I didn't have any crazy spiritual experiences that made me know I needed to go, I just looked at those who had gone and how it had changed them and wanted to be like that. People like Fred who stood for what was right even if they were the only ones, were the examples I needed to have the strength to make the decision to come out on a mission. I look up to him and to my older brother for always being that example to me.
I teared up when I read your little paragraph about Fred being at our house. I never really thought about taking my tag off and to think that some day I'll have to take it off really hit me. As I read that I just held on to my tag haha I'm glad I don't have to take it off for a while. Anyways it's been a pretty good week. There's a lot of people we're teaching who are taking really well to the Book of Mormon. It's pretty simple when you think about it.......AHHHHH I just got kicked off. I'll write more in a bit if i can :)
Anyways....I'm back..... we have a lot of people who are reading the Book of Mormon and believe it's true.
I love seeing people accept and read the Book of Mormon! There is a couple we're teaching named Mike and Bessy. They're in their late 30's. We IQ'd them a few weeks ago as they were leaving for a camping trip and they said we could come back. We were able to teach them for the first time a couple weeks ago. Bessy used to go to church with a member here when she was a little girl over in Madison and so she's familiar with the church but she never had her questions answered. They're being answered now! She's almost finished with 1 Nephi and is really loving what she's reading. She doesn't understand why others don't believe that it is the word of God. She has a great spirit about her and her husband is reading behind her slowly but surely but we're excited about them.
We're still working with Vince and Devon. Chris Bailey's younger brother Kevin started coming to church last week and he attended again this week. He is 16 and has had some questions that were answered at church. He's really searching for truth. Later in the week when he went back to his baptist youth group they were discussing what the "mormons" believe. It wasn't correct with our doctrines and Kevin recognized that and he stood up and told them what we really believe and that they need to come down to church with him if they truly want to know. He stood up for the church amongst all of his other friends and even youth pastor that were not correctly stating our beliefs. We taught him the first lesson after church yesterday and he's excited to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.
The Lord is truly blessing this area. I hope I'm left here the rest of my mission! It's been raining a lot here lately. It's starting to get hot and really humid. Did you get a chance to find any short sleeved shirts? I could use a few of those if possible. Tell Joseph if he ever has any time that he should make me some church cd's. Like jericho road and stuff like that. Anyway I don't have much time today. It was good to hear from you. Hope your week goes great. I'll probably remember stuff I wanted to tell you when I leave the Library so who knows maybe you'll get a written letter in the mail :) I love you all!
Elder Norton
No comments:
Post a Comment