Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Apr 27, 2010--dang awesome week








Hello Family!!!!

It's been a dang awesome week. We're teaching a few new people and Leah was baptized on Saturday. It was one of my favorite baptisms of the mission so far. After Dave, her husband, baptized her they stood in the font and just hugged each other. The spirit was really strong and it was something that was very special to them. Right before the closing prayer Leah stood up really quick and thanked everyone and bore her testimony. She stood in front of everyone and said, "I know that this church is true." It was awesome. She knows it. She still has questions and doesn't understand everything but that's ok. She knows it's true.

Teaching is going well with others. Sunday we spoke 3 times. One of the wards was great, the Canyon Crest ward. We both gave really good talks. I talked about how I wouldn't trade anything for my mission and Elder Jeffery spoke about the importance of preparing and letting nothing get in the way of serving. I think we both did so well because it was a topic we could speak straight from our hearts about. I spoke about the hardest thing giving up was my bro who I wouldn't see for 3 years. I talked about how the sacrifice of not seeing my family has helped me better know my Savior. I told them I miss you guys, but I wouldn't trade these two years to spend with ya ;). Elder Jeffery spoke about how he came out on a mission and how he has seen others struggle with that decision. His was very powerful.

We're teaching a kid named Cade. His dad is a member and his mom has left the church and left his dad. Really sad story. Cade is 11 and hasn't been baptized yet because they are afraid Cade's mom will throw anti in his face and convince him to stay away from the church. Recently Cade's mom showed him some anti stuff on the Bof M. He's a pretty solid kid though. After our talk Cade's dad texted us and said "You two were so awesome today in sacrament meeting. Call me when you get a min to talk about Cade." He told us when we called him he has been thinking a lot and just wants to get Cade baptized because he's not sure if mom will ever soften her heart. We went and had a lesson last night. We taught Cade about praying to know the BofM is true. We were asking Dad some questions and then he bore a powerful testimony to his son of the BofM, of Joseph Smith, of being baptized and receiving the holy ghost, and the blessing and honor it will be to him to pass the sacrament when he turns twelve. Then Cade and his dad just hugged each other. Elder Jeffery and I had a hard time even holding back our tears. Cade sat up and said that he wanted to be baptized. We don't have a set date, but it will be in 2 or 3 weeks. We asked Cade how he felt and he told us he knew he was feeling the spirit and that he needed to be baptized.

It was an amazing experience. I've had so many spiritual experiences this last week. Pray for Cade and his dad. We're not going to tell a lot of people about it because we don't want his mom to know and throw anti at him. It's not a problem legally. But we're worried that she will do her best to persuade him otherwise. They need all the prayers they can get.

We are teaching a sweet black girl named Lexi. She is 15 and wants to be baptized. We are also teaching a few other kids. It's awesome the area is great and the Lord is blessing us.

Elder Jeffery and I will be together another transfer. For both of us it has been the fastest transfer of our missions. We've had a blast. I'm so excited about the temple. It's sweet. I'll be calling you in a couple of weeks too. May 9th. Sweet. We'll have to decide a time to call so I can talk to you guys and chris at the same time. That would be sweet.

Well, I love you guys and hope you have a great week. Keep the faith and Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton 1

No comments:

Post a Comment