Tuesday, May 25, 2010

EN1- May 18, 2010

Hey Fam!

Sounds like things are going great. Tell Dad I say, oh... poor sickly boy....

It's been an amazing week. Full of miracles. I will share them in a sec. I can't believe Fred is home. I still feel bad for missing his farewell talk. My alarm didn't go off and I slept in. Have him write me or email me. I would love to say hi and see how he is doing. Yeah, I bet it was tough at times on his mission. I talked to a guy who served in the same mission a couple years ago and he told me some crazy experiences. I think every missionary sees the families that are broken apart, who aren't married, who can't stay out of trouble. It's a huge testimony builder to me the difference the gospel makes in a family. I see it every day. I've been blessed to serve in a mission with enough members and nonmembers to see that difference. I can walk into members homes and tell how important the gospel is to there family just by the feel in there home. You can tell the difference in the families where the parents attend the temple or not, where they hold FHE, where they have family scripture study and prayer. It's very obvious. Thanks so much for raising me in a home that had those things!

So Cade..... the 11 year old with the anti-mom. He was talking with his sister about baptism, his mom came in and heard them, and then Cade and his mom got into an argument. Somewhere in that argument the spirit touched her heart. She ran out of the room and wrote a not giving him permission to be baptized and told him she never wanted to argue about religion with him ever again. It's a miracle! A complete and total miracle. We've been praying for it and it happened. The Lord softened her heart. She is coming to the baptism and we only hope it will soften her heart a little more. We are playing racquetball today with Cade's dad. Cade is so excited. He has a heart of gold.

We also got a call this morning and another girl we are teaching named Keely Glassman wants to be baptized next Monday! Miracle two! I'll have a couple new pics to send you by next Pday. We are also teaching a guy this week who wants to be baptized on the 29th! It's sweet.

Lexi didn't make it to church so we'll have to push her date back but we had several other people at church so it was a good weekend. Things are great. We taught YW in a ward this last week and a girl came up to us after asking if we could teach her and that she needed help with her testimony. That was pretty neat. She is semi-active. The spirit was there and it was good.

Sunday we went and talked to a girl who has a friend who has been coming to church the last few weeks. She lives with her Jewish uncle and she has never had religion really in her life. Her name is Lily Garcia. Nicki, Lily's friend, called her up while we were there and asked her to meet with us. We're teaching her Thursday night! Pray her uncle's heart will be soft so that we can extend a baptismal date to Lily. I know this girl will accept it will just depend on if her uncle will let her.

We also are doing a youth night every other sunday night in a families home. We had our first one this Sunday. We share a message directed towards the youth and we then try and get them to bring their nonmember friends and invite them to meet with us. One girl called her friend that night and invited her to meet with us as well. It was sweet.

We are double booked almost every night. It's awesome. Things are going great in our area and our zone. Pray for baptisms! For Chris and I. It's the best. I love you guys and you're always in my prayers. Thanks for the prayers you give. Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment