Hey this is going to be short. I wrote a long email to Chris, he was asking for some advice. It's ok that Dad didn't have time to talk much. I'll see you guys in 7 months. When I said I needed a memory card, I need more of a thumb drive then a card. Maybe 4 or 8 gigs?
My comp's bro's may not go on missions. Its hard for him. He has one who is 20 and another who is just graduating. It's the one who is 20 he worries about a lil more. His name is Brennen.
I had a sweet opportunity to bear my testimony to an eternal investigator last night (someone who meets with missionaries forever but doesn't get baptized). I was with another missionary in his area and we swung by. He asked me how I knew Joseph Smith was a prophet. I told him through prayer, the bof m and the fruits the gospel brings. I felt prompted to share another part of my witness that the gospel is true. I shared D+C 84:20. Then I bore my testimony of the priesthood and the role it has played in my life. I talked about the priesthood blessings Dad has given me. Chris and his migraines. My patriarchal blessing, and laying my hands on others heads and words leaving my mouth that aren't my words. I told him how my senior year of high school I was praying for some specific things I hadn't shared with anyone. Dad gave me a fathers blessing to start the year and he talked about those things, gave advice, and answered questions I had. It was so powerful to me. Thank you Dad for being a worthy priesthood holder so I could have that spiritual experience and share it with someone who needed it.
As we left he committed to read a chapter and pray about it that night. He also said, maybe I'll have to try and get one of those blessings from you guys some time. It was sweet because the spirit was there and I strengthened my own testimony in the bearing of it. I love you guys. Pray my gators will be baptized. We need those prayers. Our gators need them! I love you all so much. You are the best family ever. Take care and Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Norton1
No comments:
Post a Comment