Hello Family!!!!
I'm so happy to hear you are all doing well. Things are going great out here. Cade and Keely's baptism was moved to this Thursday night so family could make it! Woot! I'm excited. We have two baptisms the next week too. Wesley, who's parents are deaf and just becoming active, and Conner who also has potentially active parents. The next week Lily Garcia is getting baptized. She is a sophmore in high school. We have a lady named Jennifer Furnur married to a RM who is working towards baptism on that date as well. We will have at least 5 baptisms the next 3 weeks. We have 3 kids who want to get baptized to. So hopefully 8 baptisms in the next 3/4 weeks. We're really excited and we're seeing a lot of miracles.
I wish I had room for all the stories and all going on. We have almost 20 investigators/families we are teaching. It's amazing. Keep praying for our investigators. They need it. I thank you guys so much for your prayers. It's hard to stay on top of everything and everyone.
So we spoke in sacrament 3 times this last week. It was a long day. My last talk of the day was the best. The youth speakers talked about pioneers. I started by talking about William Webb, the one with the sweet will and testament and then I told everyone how my heart was filled with joy becuase I knew you guys were attending a temple dedication at that same time and how the blessings my 7th great grandfather longed for have been restored to the earth. I spoke how the gospel changes lives. It was good.
So we were teaching Conner this last week who is sopposed to be baptized in a couple weeks. We were teaching just him and his dad and it was cool to see Bro Olson, his potentially active dad, break down in tears as he shared his feelings. Conner tried to say the closing prayer but was nervous, so his Dad took over and finished for him. It was really a sweet thing to see. We invited Bro Olson to church but he said he would be working. We'll we spoke in there ward Sunday, and him and his wife were there in the back! I was way excited to see them.
We started teaching a couple last nigh. Sioux and hispanic couple. pretty cool people. A few nights back we had about 15-20 mins till we had to be in. We prayed to find a family to teach. The last door we knocked that night was this couple and they set up an appointment with us. We taught them yesterday and set up a return appointment for later this week. The Lord is really blessing our area. We are just trying to focus on finding golden people who are ready to be baptized. We are really emphasizing the importance of baptism in our zone. Elder Jeffery and I are seeing miracles just from focusing on that. We are attracting baptisms too us ;).
Well I'm so excited about the temple. It will be one of the first things I wanna do when I get home. Everything is well. I'll send bappy pics next week. Take care I love you all! Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Norton1
No comments:
Post a Comment