Hey Fam!
Carrie Anne was baptized this last weekend. It was great. We only took a little part in it but it was good. Leah is getting baptized this week. We've been teaching her for about a month and she has been really into the B of M and is getting baptized this week. She is married to an RM. She has been one of my favorites so far on my mission. The transfer ends next week but Jeffery and I should stay together. There is a chance we might be in a threesome companionship. Not too likely, but maybe. We just taught another kid yesterday named Braxton who accepted a baptismal date for next month. We have a few other new people we should start teaching this week. Some things fell through the cracks when me and Jeffery got here because we didn't know the area, but next month is looking great.
I'm so excited for the temple. What a blessing. Yes! I know President Augustine!!!!!! I love him and his stake. They were the stake most of my baptisms were in and he and the rest of the presidency gave us tremendous support. Anything he could bring to me? I don't know I have everything in the world I need lol. A new watch would be nice. Have Joseph pick one out he has good style. Or maybe some nice polyester or micro fiber ties. Not the thin silk ones. I don't wear those anymore lol. Either of those would be nice. Pres Aug met Chris the day he was with me. It was neat. He's a great man. A convert to the church and a wonderful leader. That's so exciting.
Things are going great the work is progressing well. This might turn out to be the best area of my mission. I'm really excited for it.
Last night we ran into a RM who had turned away. He was nice to us but knocking on a couple of apostles, teachings of the church, and even doctrines Christ taught. It was really sad to see. When we tried to say anything he would just brush it off and tell us he knew what we were doing he used to be in our shoes. I feel so bad for those kind of people. People like that who turn away either didn't have a testimony to begin with or use the excuses of the things that "prove" the church wrong. I've ran into a lot of anti people and doctrine. It's all the same. This mission has taught me the things to do and not to do after my mission. He was trying to tell us he could just ruin our mission with his knowledge but he wouldn't because he knew we were trying to do something good. I was pretty ticked but didn't say anything to him because his kids were there. Anti's don't know anything true about the church. Just mixed lies from Satan. I've ran into enough it on my mission that it doesn't bug me anymore. What saddens me the most is seeing what it does to these people.
I don't know if I told you but in my last area I sat in a man's house while he attacked me and my companion and the local church leaders with lies, twisted truths, and attacking people's flaws and weaknesses. It shook up my companion really bad and it ended our night early and I had to talk to him about it for an hour or two. He told us he found the truth. But the truth doesn't make you feel that way. The spirit that proves the truth brings feelings of love, joy, peace, and enlightenment (Gal 5:22 and Eph 5:9-10).
I love this gospel because the difference is so easy to see. You go to conference and listening to the anti's make you feel like crap and the apostles make you feel at peace. Why? Because this church is true. There is a distinct black and white in the gospel to me more then every before. Anyone who tears down your faith isn't of God. We add to what people have. We don't tear down.
Well, know that I love you all! I have a testimony that this work is true. That we have living prophets, that the priesthood is on the church, that the Bof M is true, and that our Savior, Jesus Christ lives. Take care you guys and keep updating me on the temple. Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Norton1
p.s. I saw Chris say Joseph looked 25, I said the same thing to my comp when I first saw the pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment