Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/4/2010, EN2

My heart is filled with joy! I don't know how to explain it! With conference this weekend and your awesome letter and dads little side note about fence posts :) I just can't thank the Lord enough for the wonderful family that I have! On my mission I have I received letters from uncle randy and aunt susan, from Grandma, Papoe, Grandpa and Grandma Sharen, Doug and Christianne (sorry if i spelled you name wrong). Bro and Sister Rowley (sorry if i spelled that one wrong too) even take the time to write me! To know that there are more people than just my mom, dad, brothers and sisters who care and pray for me gives me so much strength! To see my older brother serving the Lord and having success gives me great strength! To live and apply the gospel of Jesus Christ gives me great strength!

What a blessing it is to have the wonderful treasure of knowledge we have to know as a family we are bound together for eternity! What a blessing it is to bring that to others and see the blessings that come to their families! Tell Noah to never stop rocking on! haha If you ever need someone to talk to buddy just write up a letter and slip it in the mail and I'll always write back! You're my hero Noah, I love you man! I'm glad my family is doing well. I don't know if you sent me all of the addresses but could you send me all of my aunts and uncles addresses? Thanks for the camera mom you shouldn't have done that. Especially with how clumsy I am with misplacing things. I'll do my best to make this one work :)

Ok where to start. So my new companion's name is Elder Eliot. Everyone calls him Elliot but that's not how you say it. It's like EL-UT. Everyone say it with me.... EL-UT. Again, EL-UT. One more time, EL-UT. There we go. Now that that is out of the way, Elder Eliot is AMAZING!!! I thought elder r and i got along. He likes sports, and pretty much everything else I do. He has a love for the gospel and a desire to go out and DO WORK! He is a convert to the church and so his testimony is SOLID! He baptized his mom two days before he left for the MTC. How awesome is that!?!?

Everyone we talk to he can just relate to them because he's been there before. The Lord is going to work miracles through us! I have probably already laughed and had more fun this past week then I have my whole mission! Not to say we're goofing around, but we work really hard and just have FUN doing it! Being with Elder R so long I was afraid it would be hard to adjust to someone new, especially since he would be NEW, but I can't believe how fast we just clicked. I'm so excited for the work! He came in at a golden time as well. We are going to have 4 baptisms take place on the 17th of april. Great way to build a new missionary's confidence. I'm making sure though that he knows that it's the Lord that has blessed us with this success and he could just as easily take it away. Can't get prideful! He knows that though.

Both Brother and Sister Shapiro will be baptized and so we're very excited. Yesterday Elder Eliot committed a family of 3 to be baptized and they all accepted the invitation! They are going to read and pray of course but once they find out it's true they said they want to be baptized. Good chance they can be prepared by the end of the transfer. He definitely came out on his mission ready! This is such a wonderful opportunity the Lord has blessed me with. I just hope I can help Elder Eliot refine his skills enough to be confident in himself. He definitely knows enough!

It's amazing how much you change over a one day period from being the trainee to the trainer. Just going out talking to people I've amazed myself with some of the things I've said to people and some of the experiences we've had by me simply trying to set the example. He thinks I am the perfect missionary and that I know everything......shhhh don't tell him I'm not! I am just really excited for this transfer!

Well everything is going great! I loved conference. It felt good knowing that you all were watching the same thing I was at the same time. There were a lot of things I liked but this letter is too long to talk about it. I received some good personal insights. What a blessing it is to be able to have a true and living prophet on the earth. I love it. Well I'm going to close this letter out. I just want you to know that things are going great! I love my new companion. I love the gospel and my amazing family! You are all in my prayers. Your love and support really gives me the strength to keep moving forward. Now if time would just stop that would be great! :) I guess that's all for now. I LOVE YOU ALL! Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment