Wednesday, April 21, 2010

14 yr mission?




Well I don't know where to start! With this last weekend and then going to the temple this morning I'm pretty sure that the rest of my mission is going to be downhill from here! Don't think it can get much better! The baptisms were great! They did it from youngest to oldest so Kaylee was first. Almost the second she got in the water I broke down. Elder Eliot and I were the witnesses. All of them were pretty spiritual. The program went wonderful! I invited our mish pres, and his wife but President couldn't make it. Sister Glende made it though and we asked her to give the HG talk. She did a really good job. You can feel the spirit so strong when she speaks!

The Shapiros were pretty touched too. I know they felt the spirit! Brother Shapiro isn't what you would call a "spiritual" man but even he was teared up. Chris' friend Vincent was there and he's going to be baptized on the 8th of may! He's doing a lot of missionary work bringing his friends. We're excited for him. We have a lot of other people we're working with that are close so we're really excited for the area and the branch! The confirmations Sunday was awesome too. We had the members do all of the confirmations but we stood in on them. It is an amazing feeling to help give someone the Holy Ghost. Sister Shapiro was in tears when they finished confirming her. I don't know how to put it in words besides it was a wonderful weekend!

Elder Eliot and I are best friends! I've never had so much fun in my life! We just go out and work and every step of the way we're having fun. It's amazing! I'm really excited about the temple! I wish I could talk to elder pearce about it across the river. Since our stakes were changed i can't talk to him anymore. Let me know how Jobo's eagle goes. I'll pray that he gets it done. I know it's a stress now but he'll be SO thankful that he got it later on in life. I've had some experiences on my mish already that I'm grateful i had my eagle. It will bless his life and the life of others!

Elder Eliot and I did well on our talk. We pretty much just talked about the love Heavenly Father has for each one of us and broke down the word love and talk about it. Law-Obedience-Virtue-Eternal life. People told us good job after so I guess we did ok. We both have to speak in church this Sunday about families. I'll probably be using a lot of the things that have happened to you in your life momma :) and how it's blessed and effected me. I love family! So for mother's day are we gonna 3 way call again? Just wondering. I'm reading your letter and then answering your questions so it's a little scattered. Sorry.

No I still haven't gained a pound! I gave up on trying. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm grown and married and then I'll never be able to lose weight. Guess that's life :) That's cool about pres Augustine. I don't remember him. And about what to send Andrew....no clue. I don't even know what i would want. You tend to stop caring about things when you're out on the mish. Family and the experiences you have are pretty much the most important thing.

Anyway I couldn't be happier! Every day I just feel like the Lord is confirming to me why I was called to Kentucky. Couldn't give specific reasons but I just feel that way a lot. It's the greatest mission in the world! Sorry Drew :) I just hate seeing other missionaries go home! I'll be there some day and it won't be cool. It's a life you get used to and i can't even imagine going back to regular life! BLEH! I think I'm going to go on a 14 year mission like the sons of mosiah :) How long is papoe staying? I want to send him something but if he'll be in az maybe i can just send it to you guys? Idk maybe just in case I'll send it to his place. We'll see.

Well, I think I'm out of things to say. Couldn't be happier. Have been a little down with a sore throat and some other under the weather junk but i think I'll survive. Life is great! Hope you all have a wonderful week and that you'll share the gospel with someone. I love you all! Hurrah for Israel!

The Brother of Joseph!

No comments:

Post a Comment