Hello Whos down in Whoville!
First off thanks for the pics! I need to find a way to save them or print them off or something. So elder r sent me a voicemail on our phone the other day saying he has my flashdrive. WAHOO! Idk if he took it with him or if he just found it in his luggage but it is safe and sound for now. Hopefully it doesn't all get deleted when he sends it to me in the mail like my memory card did :( The camera is awesome that you bought me! I've been taking pictures of all the different blooming trees out here so i'll try to find a way to send those to you momma :)
Ok so who's body am I on? lol I can see like an old mans wrinkled neck right below mine? I thought those were pretty funny. Elder Eliot laughed pretty hard when i showed him the picture. What's that stuff growing off of jobos chin!?!? Sheesh he looks like he's 25 in those pictures. He's going to hate shaving that every day on the mish :) My little (HUGE) brother is all grown up now. You're a beast Joseph I love you! Ok so next Q you asked? Uh.... yes i recieved a letter from Amanda. Tell her thanks! It made my day because I had no clue who it was from because she didn't put her name on top she put something else that had me thinking so yeah it was a nice surprise.
Things are going great in this part of the Lord's vineyard! Chris Bailey had an interesting experience yesterday. The member he lives with called us after church to tell us the crazy news but anyway Chris has no support from his family. That's why he lives with members. Well he needed to go over and tell his parents that he was going to be baptized and he needed some info from them to put on his records but he was afraid of how they'd react. Turns out both of his grandparents on both sides, were members out in Salt Lake City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately they have passed on but it was a shock to him. He is half blooded Indian and his mom is full blooded and so his grandparents were full blooded Native American Indians and so he likes the idea that the Book of Mormon is a history of his ancestors!
Regardless of that, the fact that his family roots are all members and that he decided on his own to join the church with no knowledge of that and then to find out a week before his baptism is just like icing on the cake! It pretty much confirmed what he is doing is right! Hopefully this will have an effect on his mom, dad, brother, and sister! Mom and Dad said they want to come to the baptism and support him too! It's going to be a blessed day!
Brother and Sister Shapiro are doing awesome! They're ready and excited for it. Kaylee as well! This will be a huge strength to her mother because she doesn't have much support either and to see her daughter be baptized will really help her. It is going to be a wonderful weekend! Thursday, on drew's b-day, elder eliot and i have to give a talk at zone conference and i've been frantically preparing it this last week and a half and am still not done and am kinda struggling with what direction i want to take it so if you could maybe say a prayer or two that i might figure out the right things to say i'd appreciate it! I agree with you though mom, the "Lard" has been extremely good to me!
Elder Eliot and I are getting along really well! The kid is amazing! We've found some really cool people and look to have some b- dates set for the end of the transfer! Everything is going great though, I don't have anything new to really report on. I'm kinda rushing because I know I'm about to get booted off my computer! Those pics of the temple you sent me are amazing! The one with Mt. Graham in the background covered in snow is my fav! I have it in my scrips to show to ppl! Brings up some good conversations :) That's crazy about nate! How long will he have to serve there? Yeah Bro Graves has a huge garden and makes goat cheese and jellies and all kinds of crazy stuff so i'm not missing out on much. He keeps us fed :) There's a lot of excitement down here in the little town of carrollton. I wouldn't want to be any other place! Hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you and thank you for all the support!
The Brother of Joseph!
No comments:
Post a Comment