Tuesday, April 6, 2010

EN1 April 5, 2010

Hey Fam!

Things are going great. I did get Chris's letter last week. I'm excited for him! Conference was sweet. Elder Jeffery and I went to the priesthood session with a kid that lives in the house are apartment is connected to. It was sweet. I saw the Packers, a sweet family from my first area in North Ogden this last week and they invited me to go over conference morning. That was really fun.

We are doing p90x in a members home. He has the program. It's intense but sweet. Yeah so Anna lives in my area! Sweet huh? She wrote me back in November but we aren't supposed to write girls living within the mission so I didn't write back. When I got here I looked at the return address and it was in the zone. I went by the address and got her phone number from her old roommate and then called her up and found out she's in some apartments in my area a couple of minutes down the street. It was sweet to see her.

Oh so a Zone Leaders are responsible for a zone. There is the mission, then zones, then districts, and then areas. So we are responsible for our zone which includes 2 districts and 4 or 5 areas a district. We're mainly responsible for working with the DL's and bringing down President's vision to our missionaries and DL's. We do trainings with the zone as well. We also report to presidents assistants our zone's weekly numbers. Blah blah blah. Just more responsibility. We get a little more free roam, but it just means more work. I have a great comp so I'm not to worried about it.

Highlights. Sweet lesson with Leah yesterday, she is going to decide on baptism either next week or the following week. Checking with family for a good time. With Elder Jeffery being transferred in suddenly it's kind slowed things down a little so we probably won't have the baptisms in our own area we were hoping for this month but next month is looking good. We still have a lot of people who can be baptized this month though. We started teaching a family of 3 this week. Lutheran but very open. Drew Wilson has felt the spirit and received some answers to prayers, and wants to work towards baptism. Teaching a family of with 4 who can be baptized tomorrow. Teaching a lady tomorrow for the first time who almost was baptized several months back but then she had to leave the state for 3 months. We just received an investigator from the campus missionaries as well and she wants to be baptized, we're going to set a date with her tomorrow. We're teaching a couple of new families this weekend as well.

I'm excited to be starting to teach families. Mostly I've taught un-baptized kids or nonmember spouses of active/less active members. The only time I've had more then one person baptized at one in a family was the Harris family in North Ogden. I saw brother Harris the other day! It was exciting. He recognized me too I was happy lol.

Things are great I can't complain. Conference was amazing. Perfect for families and what's going on in this world. I liked Monson's, Uchtdorf, Eyering, Holland, and Anderson's talks the best. It was good. Can't wait for the Ensign to come out! Love you all! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment