Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 3, 2011 EN2



Christmas JOY!

Dear Family,

Ok, so this is going to be another pathetic letter. Sorry if that sentence just ruined your day mother. I'll try to write a good one today. In fact, I promise I will. So expect a nice letter from me in a couple days in the mail. Anyway, we had a great week. Willie and Sebastian were confirmed yesterday. It was awesome. We had some cool experiences going out with other missionaries. I love my calling. I get to meet and be around a lot of great Elders. It's a blessing to hear about what got them out on a mission and it's humbling to me that so many young men are out here serving because of their love for the Lord. So mom I'm totally for your attracting thing. I didn't put it in my folder thing you gave me yet because Elder Fielding wants to do it with me so we have to make him one, BUT.... I've been needing a new pair of shoes pretty bad lately. The ones I picked up at missionary mall with you before I left have fat holes in the bottom of both of them and with the snow and rain recently it just hasn't been working out. So, I thought, well why don't I just attract some new shoes :) OK! So I said a prayer about a week before Christmas that I'd be able to find a new pair of shoes. I put my mind to it and just imagined a fresh new pair of shoes every night and then......VOILA. We went on an exchange with some elders last week and there was a Zappos in their area. When we left we just went in to look around. It just so happens that everything in the store was 70% off. I got an 80 dollar pair of shoes for 15 bucks. It was sweet! I'll send a pic with the letter. So I know I didn't get them for free, I went out and bought them, but it's a dependable reliable pair of missionary shoes that I got for cheap because I needed them and attracted them. Can't wait to start on the folder! Anyway I just had some cool experiences this week that strengthened my testimony. I know it'll probably be torture to wait for the letter but I'll share it in there. I love you all so much. Elder Fielding and I are having a blast. We're focusing on finding this family that the Lord has prepared for us. We know they're waiting. We search every day for them. Can't wait to meet them. So, I hope everything goes well for you all this week. Once again it was great to hear from you all. Mother's day is just around the corner so it'll be no time before we're on the phone again.....dang it haha Anyway, I love you all so much.

Elder Norton #2

No comments:

Post a Comment