Sunday, October 31, 2010

EN1, 10/12, 19, 26/2010

10/12

Hey Fam!

Good week. The baptisms were wonderful. We had 5. Anthony Pimentel (15), Joe Montroy (55), Sidney Nilsson (9), Chris and Julia Priest (30's). 6 confirmations on Sunday. One was Scott Gall who got baptized week before. One was ordained to be a Priest later that day (Chris Priest the priest in the aaronic priesthood lol). I'll my RC's in the area are still coming to church :). This will be my most successful time and area of my mission. None this week. But a few on both the 23rd and the 30th. Pray for my buddy Preston. He is 15 and really busy. Wants to be baptized but we're just having a hard time finding time to meet and set up his baptism.

Elder Bogdan flies home thursday. I'll have my new comp tomorrow. Elder Minch from Tucson, AZ. I thought I was going to be with someone else but Elder Minch is a very good Elder. He's coming to the best area in the mission! I'm getting one contact for sure. I'm trying to decide if I need some new glasses or not. I'll visit the eye doctor again this week and figure it out.

D+C 43 today. I'm excited for the temple. I'm going to volunteer to work there if they will use me.

Had a cool experience yesterday. Started teaching an 18 year old kid named Rodolpho Cifuentes. As we shared the first vision he just said, "wow". It was cool. He just told us, I really felt that. I just felt at that moment everything you guys were saying was true. We also started teaching a guy named Walter last week. He flew in from California, had things going pretty rough, the next thing you know he is out of money and no place to live or no help from anyone. A girl named Marie from Phoenix, sat next to him on the plane ride. Talked to him about the gospel and got a hold of us to teach him. The ward is helping him find a place to live. He'll have a job very soon too. He wants to be baptized. He said the members of the church are just great and live what they believed. He's lived in Utah before and wanted to join in the past but never new how. It's just been really cool. He was calling me Father Norton for a little bit haha. He heard me wrong when I introduced myself. I'm Elder Norton now lol.

Things have been good. I'm very driven right now. I feel very responsible for everything in my area and zone. Elder Nichols who I served with is now a DL in the zone! I'm excited. Elder Crum is in the zone now too. So that's cool.

Things are going great. I love you all. Take care and Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

10/19

Family fam fam!

Things are going great. We don't have anyone lined up for this week, but we are looking to have 3 next week. Walter is doing great, and is being baptized on the 30th. So are two kids we are teaching named Dusty Peterson and Naythan Howell. On the 6th Jaimi will get baptized, and Preston sat down with his family and they finally decided on the Nov 6th! Woot. I'll be going back this week or next for a baptism of someone I taught in Sunset. That will be cool.
Elder Minch is sweet. We hit it off pretty good. Things are going good in the area. We have a lot of people we are teaching and my last few weeks should end pretty great. We started teaching a couple new families this last week. It's sweet. So I got one contact lens. 40 bucks. Could you just put that on my account? I probably really only have around $50 bucks. When dad comes up here he should bring some cash flow because I could get a new suit really cheap and a couple other things for super cheap prices since I'm a missionary. I know some people who've offered me some things I could use when I get home for pretty cheap. But whatever. Stuff don't bring happiness.

So I've been working out everyday still. I hate running. I do it twice a week. My knee and shin was killing me this morning while I was running so I just thought in my head, "If mom can run 13 miles or whatever I can run 2 miles in 20 minutes". Good luck getting me to run with you mom, you would destroy me. Me, Joseph and Dad should have a bench press competition. I'll kick there trash! lol

So we are teaching new people like every day. Almost more then I can keep track of. I really think it's thoughts, words, and acts of faith that's helped bring so much success these last few months of my mission. I just expect things to happen and the Lord blesses me. The work is going great. I love it.

So I'll sign up for school today. I think during the summers I want to be a flight attendant. They make pretty good money. I was talking to a RM and he told me about it and said it's something I could do. I think I'm going to try and work at gym while I go to school. Some place that will work with my schedule and where I could get homework and stuff done. I dunno. Something.

Well. Things are good. I love you all and Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

10/26

Family!

Section 29 has been read! Baptisms are up. I'll have doubled my areas baptisms for the year in the 3 months I've served here. Walter was baptized this last week. The guy who was homeless! He found a job, a place to live, and a car. Everything has fell into place in his life. They might ask him to share his testimony at stake conference this week. They asked me to share my testimony at stake conference as well. We are having Dusty's baptism this week. A way cool 9 year old kid.

Yeah mom, I tap. It still hurts though. I have one of those EFX bracelets too. They are pretty sweet. Working out is fun. I'm getting into shape. Hurt my shoulder somehow lifting this week so that has been a bummer.

Yay for money! There have been a couple things I want to buy before I go home up here. There are some sweet members who will hook me up with some good discounts before I go home. I know a guy in Bountiful who can make a sweet laptop or computer for me really cheap. I think I'm going to have him make me one.

We ran into a cool guy named Tim this last week. We are teaching him tonight. He was very excited to see us. Our first lesson fell through but we caught him last night and he had read the chapter we left him and wrote down on paper what he thought each verse meant. That was pretty cool. Started teaching a new kid yesterday named Nick. We are teaching a new girl tonight named Moriah who's 14. We're teaching another kid Tomorrow for the first time named Dante, and a PM family tomorrow named the Shaw's. Things are going sweet. I"m loving it.

Well. I don't have much more to say. Things are going great. I can't complain. Know that I love you all and that your in my prayers. I'm so grateful for all I have, a great part is becuz ;) my great family. Love you all and Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton!

No comments:

Post a Comment