Sunday, October 31, 2010

EN2, 10/18 and 25/2010

10/18

It was a really great week! The baptism with the Pipers went very well! There was a lot of member support. Some of the members invited non-member family. The spirit was very strong. Sunday was ward conference and so what a special spirit was there for the confirmations! The choir sang, well, I don't know what it's called but it starts "Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder." You know the song. Well when they sang it I felt the spirit so strong. Especially the verse that talks about Heavenly Father giving His son for us. Powerful!

The Confirmations were awesome too! The High Priest leader confirmed both of them. Elder Hart baptized Hunter and another man baptized Roger. It was awesome! J and A didn't make it to to church. The adversary put "I'm not worthy" thoughts into her head and so she talked herself out of coming. We went and talked to her and helped her overcome that. She went online and ordered a quad and a lot of lds material for her apartment. She is doing great! J is starting his process with the bishop. They told us they got a marriage license and are going to be getting married in a couple weeks. A text us this morning and told us to pray for her because she threw all her cigarettes out and is quitting for good! Can you say ELECT! The only reason we haven't set a date yet is because we want J to meet with the bishop a couple times and them have a date for their wedding. She has a picture of the Salt Lake Temple and said that's where they will be sealed in a year!

Renee is doing well also. This week we're going to teach her the gospel of Jesus Christ and tie it in with the temples. Jon her brother is preparing to do the work for their father who recently passed away and he really wants her to be there for it. It will be a great lesson. The work is picking up. Members are excited about the baptism and the ones that are close. I hope I can stay here until at least Christmas :) I'm grateful for Elder Hart, he really helps me stay positive. I'm grateful to be serving with him.

We started our day off a little backwards. Went to Owensboro with the Roger and Tricia (she called you). It was a lot of fun. They bought me a suit. Don't freak out though it was from a thrift store, it was really nice for cheap. My other one I guess I left some kind of candy in the pocket and the sun beaming on it got the inside all sticky. I'm gonna take it and get it dry cleaned and see if that helps but we'll see. So we had a fun morning with them. Roger is doing so well! I know he'll be a bishop someday. His birthday is the 27th. He was born in 64. Just a few days older then dad. I'll try to send some pics. Every time I want to write a separate letter home we run out of time and then I forget anything I was going to do or say. I'll try to get it off this week with some pictures in it. I love it here so much.

Crazy Chase will be home so soon. Levi follows and then Drew. It'll be fun! I'll have to write more when I can think of what happened this week. They fly by so fast it's not even funny. So anyway I love you all so much! Hope everyone has an awesome week. Sorry this was a short letter. Love yoU!

Elder Norton#2


10/25

Well we had a very good week. Things are going well with the people we're teaching. J and A came to church yesterday. They really enjoyed it! They have a date to be married on November the 6th. J asked me to be his best man! haha I don't know what that even entails but I told him I'd be glad to. He and I really have a strong friendship. He's trying really hard to get his life back into gear with the gospel and do everything he can to make things right. A has relapsed a little bit with smoking but they have made it a goal to be done by the 31st. I have faith they will. We set a baptismal date yesterday with her for the 20th of Nov. We're all pretty dang excited for it. We're still teaching Renee and trying to help her see the importance of her having a true desire to find out for herself if this is true.

We're working on Drake also so Roger can baptize him in a few weeks. Roger received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday. It was a really great experience. We found out about transfers saturday. Elder Hart and I are both staying. I've been dubbed the new distric leader. I have mixed feelings about that but I know it's what the Lord wants and will help me become a better missionary. Responsibility is a good thing I guess. Elder Gardner and I were on exchanges whenever President Glende called him. He didn't know I was with E Gardner when he told him where he was getting transfered. He's going to Carrollton with Elder Eliot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so jealous haha He gets to go serve with my son. It will probably be E Eliots last transfer there. 9 months! He out served me there. I called Elder Eliot to let him know. I don't think I was supposed to do that but I did. He told me that Chris and Kevin Bailey are doing awesome! They're both planning on serving missions. They both the first day of school dressed up in suits and made fake name tags and walked around as missionaries! It makes you feel really good to hear stuff like that! I miss those guys a lot! Also Elder Pieper of the 70 came and spoke to us at Zone Conference last Friday. It was really focused on finding the elect and making sure we're using our time to find them not just to fill up our day.

We have some people that we're teaching that I think we're just holding on to them because we love them but they're really not progressing. That's the hardest thing about truly searching for the elect. Well after Zone Conference I guess whenever general authorities come and tour the mission they interview a select few missionaries afterward. Well no one knows who it will be they just announce it afterward and then you line up and are interviewed by them. Well guess who was called as one of those few to be interviewed??? Yep! I was pretty dang nervous at first but it was a very humbling experience. I have been struggling with some things lately and have really been seeking guidance from Heavenly Father and when I found out Elder Pieper was coming a few weeks in advanced I knew that people would be interviewed.

I just had a feeling that I would get the opportunity. Just to be safe, the night before I prayed and asked Heavenly Father if I could have that opportunity and he gave it to me. We had a great discussion and he gave me the council I was seeking and I just have such a strong testimony that Heavenly Father truly loves and cares about us and knows each and everyone of us individually. Elder Pieper wanted me to tell you Mom and Dad hello and wanted me to thank you "for being faithful parents and raising me to be worthy and righteous." His words not mine, I'm a humble person I promise. Anyway that was probably the highlight of my week. Church was great and this week looks to be a great one as well.

Crazy that Chase will be home by the end of this week. You guys will have to take some pics with him and send them to me. Levi also. The Lord is truly looking out for me. He continues to bless me with countless opportunities to serve and to strengthen my testimony and I can say that I have never been happier before. I love you all. Look forward to the holidays. Especially Christmas but I won't jump the gun. Thanksgiving will be awesome. I'll just try not to think about Drew being home with you guys. Anyway take care!

Elder Norton#2

No comments:

Post a Comment