Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oct 5--EN1 Utah

Hey Fam!

Scott's baptism was great. We are going to have 5/6 this week. We are pretty excited for it. It's Elder Bogdan's last weekend so it's a good way for him to finish.

The eye doctor is going to give me one contact for 40/50 bucks. I'm not sure if I'll get more glasses or not. I'll check out what he's got and I might get a new/extra pair.

Things are going great. We are finding new people to teach every single week. When we baptize someone we find someone new who wants to be baptized. We have a sweet ward mission leader who is getting us all kinds of work. He called last night with someone new to teach.

I've been thinking a lot about my recent converts the last couple days. I have heard that one family where I baptized there kids a few months back, that the parents got a divorce. I was really sad to hear that. Another guy I taught in Bountiful got baptized after I left. He's had tumors in his brain removed, and had trial after trial and I guess spiritually he hasn't been doing the greatest lately. I guess he is living in Layton so I'm going to try and find him and visit. It's tough to keep contact with everyone I've taught. I'm torn thinking I won't be able to visit everyone before I go home. Even coming back it would take me several weeks to see all the people I've worked with or brought back into the church or who were baptized. It's tough.

I love serving though. This is the most important thing I've done so far in my life. I love every minute of it. I'm excited to go home, yet I'm so grateful for the decision I've made to serve. I know the Lord is happy with the service I've given. I know I wasn't perfect and could have done better but that's part of life and part of learning. The Lord has taught me so much these last 22/23 months. I hope he can continue to teach me, shape me, and mold me like he has when I get home. I love studying the scriptures. It's been such a blessing to begin to learn a little bit of Heavenly Father's word. I treasure my study time every day. It means so much to me. It's something I never want to lose is the time to study. I will always read the scriptures every day. Even if it's only a verse or two. It's so important.

I've been so tired lately. We've been working very hard. We get up an hour earlier in the morning then normal so we can get a good workout in. It makes me feel good but it can be tough. Plus, DL's and ZL's lose on sleep to start with with the extra responsibilities we have.

Don't worry about all that's going on mom. The only person who really has control over our happiness is ourselves. It's our choice. I know Heavenly Father will take care of you guys. You have 2 sons on missions, your both living the commandments, and your the greatest parents ever. Heavenly Father will take care of things.

I don't really stress out anymore. I used to all the time. The only thing that gets me stressed is being late to things. That's about it. I don't really worry about too many things. I'm not saying I don't care, just don't let things bug me I guess. Not if it's something I can't control especially.

Things are going great. Teaching a new family tonight and tomorrow night. Started teaching a girls boyfriend this last week. Things are great. Know I love you guys and that I pray for you and think of you, especially as I read the Doctrine and Covenants. I read section 49 today lol. Keep being great! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment