Dear Family,
I received my package right after the first session Saturday. It was awesome! The recommend cover with the gila valley temple on it is awesome! I guess you just have a sixth sense mom because I've been sick all week and still kinda am but am at the getting over it end. Just had a huge head cold with headaches in and out through the whole thing. Had a sore throat too so the cough drop things you sent were perfect :) We had a great week but weren't able to accomplish all that I wanted to. That was my first sickness on the mish.
So last week? Man I don't even remember. We tracted some more. We ran out of miles the last two days of the month so we had to walk everywhere. Being sick and walking up and down hills in the cold wasn't cool, but, the work must go on! We're getting referrals from members and are teaching a lot of really great people. Conference was awesome! We watched the Saturday morning one with the Pipers at the church. Then we went to eat lunch with them at Roger's mom's house. Trying to build a relationship with her right now because she's not too happy her son is going to be re-baptized. It's hard because she reminds me a lot of grandma. I can't think of grandma not being happy. It makes me sad, and to think that we're making this woman not happy kinda makes me sad. I know if she only knew she would be happy beyond belief, but she's very closed off right now. In the Lord's time. We didn't make it back from their house in time though and missed the whole second session Saturday :(
Priesthood session was awesome though. I really enjoyed the prophet's talk. Probably one of my favorites. The one he gave Sunday morning, about gratitude was awesome! There was a talk in priesthood session by one of the foreign 70's. He was talking about mine fields and scorpions. It was really good. Ask dad about it. It was just a huge upliftment.
I don't know what I"ll do when I get home. I'm glad I don't really have to think about any of it. Maybe drew will start a billion dollar business when he gets home who knows? I do know the Lord will take care of us mom. I know He will. He will provide a way. He will take care of my mission. The Brother of Jared in Ether 2 asks the Lord what to do about light in the barges. The Lord responds,"What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels?" I love how the Lord asks for his idea. So, he goes and ponders and prays, has an idea and then brings 16 stones before the Lord. I love what the BoJ says in vs 4 and 5. Bring your ideas before the Lord. Have faith that he has the power to "touch" them. I know he does. I know he will. He can make your ideas glow and shine forth even though the way may seem dark. He's waiting to touch your stones of success mother.
As I listened to the conference talks my testimony was confirmed that these men and women are truly called of God. I had some q's and struggles and stuff that I asked the Lord to answer and help me with. Went into conference with them and they were all answered. I received help on all of it. When the prophet gave his final talk talk in the Sunday morning session I was blown away. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, called of God. If we will but only follow his counsel and guidance, and also those of the general authorities, we will never go astray. We will never have to worry. They point us to Christ and prepare us for His coming. I felt a stronger love and desire to be like my Savior. That doesn't come from a false prophet. I know that Jesus Christ truly stands at the head of this church, and I am so grateful to be able to be a part of this great work. There isn't much more to report on this week. The work is going well. We're doing our best. My joy is full. I love the work of the Lord. I look forward to hearing from you next week. I love you with all my heart family!
Elder Norton#2
No comments:
Post a Comment