Well hello family.
The first week of the next transfer has come and gone. It was awesome! We usually have 40's at church each sunday. This sunday we had in the 80's! It was awesome! The stake president came and spoke and so that probably contributed to everyone's desire to get "everyone" to church but now we know that we can do it, so we need to do it every week! We had 11 investigators at church among the crowd and so it was a great thing to experience. We're working with Kevin and his family right now. We got his dad and his younger brother corey to come. Next week we're shooting for the whole fam which includes the mother and another sister! Things are going great with them though.
We finally got in touch with Devon. He came to church. There's still some struggles to work through with him and his family so we'll see if we can get him back in the baptism mindset. Kevin is ready to go though. Rebecca's birthday is July 6th, so she's preparing for that. We're going to do it in the Ohio River. She asked me to do it. I'm nervous. Not because I don't know what to do or say, but because it's my first time and we'll be in the OHIO RIVER! It should be a great experience though! We're super excited for her.
She had a nephew involved in an accident that put him in the hospital and so all saturday night and sunday morning she was at his bedside in louisville. Once church time came she told him she'd be back and rushed down to carrollton to go to church. We were worried at first because every morning we give her a wake up call but she never answered. We called her right before church started and she still didn't answer. At the beginning of sunday school she arrived and we were so relieved! When she told us what happened I couldn't believe it. If anything she could have gone to church down in louisville, but she didn't want to miss anything new so she was bound and determined to make it to church on no sleep. After church we took her to her baptism site and she's really excited! We told her to go home and get some sleep.
We're staying busy every week. Lots of people to teach. Trying to get the members involved with them. The work is going so awesome here. It just gets better and better every day. So I'm pretty much not going to think about the day I have to leave. I truly feel the power of your prayers each and every day. There's just some lessons that we teach that I just feel so strongly that the things we're sharing are true. It's such a strength to my testimony. Now we just need those we're teaching to feel it like I am!!!!!! The Lord truly is preparing all these wonderful people here though. Whether I'm here or not to witness the people we're teaching be baptized I know that the Lord will help them get there. Carrollton in 10 years will be a very strong part of the Lord's church.
Well, things are going great with Elder Eliot and I. Not much to report this week. There are tons of fireflies. I've seen them before once when we went to georgia but elder eliot never has and so every night we pull up there's just hundreds of them floating around. He was pretty amused his first time. You should see someone trying to run around and catch one in a jar. You can only see them when they light up so it just looks like someone is chasing the wind. It's pretty funny.
Oh real quick before I forget. Mom do you by any chance know what mattie williams drives? We were at the gas station the other day getting ready to go to District Mtg and a red mazda 3 pulls up and a couple girls and guys get out to fill up. You could tell they were just passing through. Anyway we were getting ready to leave when I noticed one of the girls looked exactly like mattie! We were driving off so I didn't stop or ask or anything, probably should have, but if it wasn't her then she has an identical twin because i was shocked to see her. Anyway that was all I wanted to say about that.
Well things are great. I'm happy. The work is awesome and time is flying too fast! Hope all is well in Az. Tell joseph not to spend his mula on things of the world, especially since when he gets on his mission all his 6 pack abs are going to wash away lol Anyway I'll talk to you all soon. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment