Drumroll..................................The transfer hog saw his shadow AGAIN!!!!!!!!! 7 and a half months in Carrollton here I come!!!! WAHOOO! Elder Eliot is staying as well! Our branch pres we live with interviewed with the stake president a few days before we received transfer calls and he said the stake pres said "We don't want to rock the boat in Carrollton." What exactly that means idk, haha but he said he pretty much knew we were staying before we told him. We're pretty stoked! There's going to be great success here this next transfer!
So last week Satan was doing work and it really got me down. Right after I emailed yall last week we got a phone call from Vince saying he got a text from devon saying he doesn't want to be baptized. His family I believe had a part to play in it, and I think he was just afraid he'd lose his family, so he backed out. We've tried for days to get a hold of him but he won't answer our calls and is never home. So that was discouraging, Kevin let us know though that he still wanted to be baptized so we were good to go for him, BUT........ After church last sunday kevin went home with the young men he rode to church with and he stayed the night a couple days without telling his parents so they had no clue where he was and finally they went looking for him and realized where he was and brought him home. They grounded him for a week and a half from all church activities, including his baptism! I was super bummed! I finally am starting to see though, why mom and dad always wanted me to communicate with them. Vincent as well decided he's still not ready yet.
I've been praying a lot and feel like the Lord has more in store then for just these young men to be baptized. We're starting to work with all their families and are praying that their hearts will be softened! Kevin could be baptized this next week but we're going to wait and see what kind of response his parents give us the next time we teach them. I'd honestly like to see them baptized as a family! Matt and Tina are moving in the next week or too. We're a little bummed about them as well! They'd make a great addition to our branch! I've been rebuked a lot lately that it's the Lord's will that will be done, NOT MINE! I know he has something greater in store for them there.
Rebecca is still doing great. Her only set back is coffee! Darn stuff! She's got it down to one cup every other day now, but she has to quit tomorrow. Today is her last day if she wants to be baptized on her birthday! I know she can do it because our Savior suffered for it so that she could. Gotta have faith! We've found some other cool people through tracting and stuff and are teaching them. Definitely keeping busy! We had the wonderful opportunity yesterday to sing in sacrament meeting. It was LOVELY...............BARF! Sister Beach was nagging on us for weeks to do a musical number in church. I refused immediately every time but Elder Eliot gladly accepted behind my back! Traitor! We showed up to church and there we are on the program! We drug our branch mission leader down with us and made him sing too! We sang "the spirit of god." When we were up there singing though I almost wished I was getting transferred. I've seen all these wonderful peoples faces for the last 6 months, any longer I'm never going to be able to say goodbye!
One of the sisters in our branch told me that "there's still people in Carrollton that need to hear your testimony." I'm so blessed to be serving here! Elder Eliot and I are getting along very well! I love the kid! Never a dull moment! Sometimes I feel like the expectations and the weight here is more then I can carry, but like I said, think of the Savior and those thoughts get rebuked really fast.
Things back home sound fun. That's sweet that Joseph is driving Hudsons car. Tell him to send me a pic of him standing in front of it! Dads experience with the handcarts sounded intense. I would have loved to do that! Didn't you say you guys were like going on a trip this summer to all the church history stuff out here in the east? Maybe I read it wrong. Idk.
Guess what mom, I'm going to get piano lessons today haha Not really, Sis Beach is the only one in our branch who plays the piano besides her kids and they're going on vacation and so she went around church yesterday asking the members if there was anyone interested in learning a couple hymns to play so they could cover for her whenever she's gone. I accepted. Idk if i'll play in church but i just want to learn again how to play. I can play right hand, and left hand, but not both together, so she's going to learn me some piano skills!
Well I think I'm just babbling now. I always have tons of stuff to tell you all during the week and then come monday morning my mind is blank. So I hope this will get you through until next week when I write again :) I'm happy, we have work to do, couldn't be better! Love you all! Have a great week! Hurrah for Israel!
No comments:
Post a Comment