Happy Fathers Day!
Hey Dad I'm writing you today. Mom can read the email later ;). Happy Fathers day to the greatest Dad in the world! Things are going great here. I got a sweet comp who's been out about 8 months. Things are all smoothed out. The Lord has me here for a reason. President wrote me and told me he wants me to use my leadership experience to help my comp become a senior and take my district to new heights. He sent that yesterday. He trusts me. We were whitewashed because missionaries thought we weren't working because when they saw me and Elder Jeffery we were joking around and having fun. I used to be too serious. I didn't have fun being a serious missionary. I do take the work seriously though. We are having a ton of success here though. We picked up like 9 baptismal dates just in a couple of weeks. Lost a few because they didn't come to church. It's all good though.
So I have some materials to send you from our mission. I just need to box it up and send it to you. It's the mobilizing ward missions stuff. It will really help with the ward. I almost called you on Sunday to say Happy Father's day. I decided not to. Sorry I didn't send a card. I don't send much through the postal service any more lol. I'm starting to get nervous though Dad. Going home is something starting to become real. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. I've never loved so much the things that I'm doing in my life. November used to seem so far away, but now it's starting to seem really close. Don't get me wrong I miss you guys and can't wait to see you, but I don't want to leave here. My mission feels like my home now. I've learned so much here. The more I keep learning the more I realize I don't know to much. Life seems so easy out here on the mission.
I'm not trunky though. Don't worry about that. Thanks for all the advice you've always given me throughout the years. Never was a boy more blessed with a great Dad then I was. You really are my hero. I'm become a more like you on my mission (and I don't just mean my weight haha). I see how my teaching style often reflects yours and also the way you handled peoples questions and concerns has become the way I do it.
I don't know if this is good or bad, but I don't view you as the Bishop. Maybe it's because it happened after I left home. But Chris has said there were times when you spoke to the ward that it wasn't you, but the bishop and leader of the ward. I wish I could have been there for those moments. Mom often write and tells me about the talks you give. Sunday school talking about Mosiah 2-5 and being less then the dust of the earth. Or at the funeral of Bert Rapier and the words you used from Revelations. I've really striven on my mission to get to know the scriptures. I know the Book of Mormon pretty well now. Not where I want to be, but I'm sure I'll never get where I want to be. I know the New Testament pretty well. The Doctrine and Covenants a little and the Old testament I don't know at all.
I can't wait to take an institute class from you next spring. That will be awesome. Hey you'll have to look out for Ryan Merrill. He is in my mission and going to EAC next semester. I'll tell him to take one of your classes. He is a stud. Also look out for Elder Stephan Evans. He went home today after being out just a year. I guess he had some family problems back home and it was making a hard effect on him. He told me he could come back out in a few months, but he isn't sure if it will happen or not. If you see him encourage him. He will need love. I know how guys are treated when they come home early and too often it is very negative.
What do you think the best way is to answer deep doctrine questions? I try to answer them in a way that won't blow peoples minds but that is honest and doesn't look like I'm avoiding the question. People ask about becoming like God. Or where he came from. Or deep in the spirit world and 3 kingdoms. I try to get people back to the Book of Mormon and answering for themselves if that is true or not, because it's way more important then the rest of the questions.
We got a car! I pulled some strings to get us some. It helps that our area is on fire. Then I have been a leader of my current ZL's and I know one of the AP's pretty well. So that's good news. I've learned how changing our mindset is so powerful. We talked about it with an investigator and it was cool to hear his prayer when he tried some things different. We have a goal of 9 baptisms. If you guys can pray for the Lord's children we are teaching that would be awesome.
Well I love you. Your a dang stud. We're going to party when I get home! Love you so much Dad and Hurrah for Israel!
No comments:
Post a Comment