Tuesday, June 15, 2010

EN1 last three weeks

June 15, 2010

Hey Fam!

So I'm in Sunset right now. The Sunset stake. It's nice to only cover one stake now. It's a walking/biking area. I love my companion, he's the man. Sunset is inbetween Roy, Clearfield, and Clinton. I went and did a confirmation in my old area on Sunday, that was good.

I feel like I have been here for weeks. This area is on fire, mainly becuase of my companion. He just knows how to baptize and I'm grateful I'm with him. Elder Nichols is from Texas. This last week we have picked up 7 baptismal dates. We have 12 total right now. We are booked all the way through almost every day. We are going to start splitting up every night to get all of our work done. We have a couple baptisms this Saturday, we have to make sure one of them stays good on no smoking this week. The next week have 3 scheduled for baptism. We are playing soccer with one of our investigators today and one of my investigators from South Ogden is coming to play too.

We've given a lot of blessings this last week. Kinda interesting. It's awesome the power it brings into an investigators life when they recieve a blessing. I spoke twice this last sunday as well.

I'm excited all those people might be able to make it here Thanksgiving. That would be awesome. I should be coming home the day before Thanksgiving. I think. Thanks for the EAC stuff. I'll get started on that soon.

Is Joseph living in the towers at EAC? If he is I'm going to try and get into the same room he is. That would be way sweet. So it still kinda stinks leaving, but that's ok. I'm planning on baptizing every week the rest of my mission. That's my focus and I know it can happen.

There is so much power in thoughts. The things you focus on happens. I've been focusing a lot on baptism the last couple months and I'm seeing it happen. If we have the faith the Lord will do the rest. I love serving in this mission. Things are good. Well take care, I love you all! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1


June 8, 2010

Andrew was unhappy about being transferred but still wrote a happy letter.

Hey fam, things are good I'm in my new area.

My comp is Elder Nichols. He's sweet. been out 7 months. Everything is cool with transfers. I don't want to talk about it I'm just going to drop it. One of the AP's called and apologized for how it all turned out. It made me feel really good. Some things just got blown out of proportion and things were assumed that weren't true. It's all good though. The Lord will take care of it. I'll be in SO next week to do a couple of baptisms so that will be pretty cool. I'm excited about that.

The area is good. We've had some good lessons already. I think we will have a lot of success here and baptize a lot. This has been one of the better areas in the mission since I've been here so that's sweet.

It was tough saying goodbye to so many people on short notice. Cade was really sad. We had a couple of investigators who said they didn't want to meet with the new missionaries but we convinced them too. Hopefully they keep progressing.

Well I'm not going to write much more I don't have the time but I will next week. I love you guys thanks for your prayers and your weekly emails. Love ya

Elder Norton1


June 1, 2010

Hey Fam!

Things are going great. Cade was baptized last week and it was amazing. He is such a spiritual giant. I guess he spoke in primary this Sunday, we weren't there but apparently he had everyone in tears. I guess the spirit was really strong. He stopped in the middle of his talk and said, "Sorry, I just love the feeling the spirit brings me." He is so aware of the spirit it is cool to see.

Keely's baptism was pushed to this week because she was sick. We are having 3 this week. Keely, Wesley, and Connor. Hopefully some the following weeks. We have a big teaching pool. Last night we were teaching Tawnie and Victor. The ones we prayed to find and they opened the door. Victor is hispanic and goes to a Christian church. Last night he told us that he had praying that someone would come and teach his wife (she didn't have any real beliefs) and feels like God has sent us. He said when he first met us he felt something special about us. We have to take it really slow with them because Victor's english is shaky and Tawnie doesn't have much of a religious background. They have desires to be baptized. We are going to try and set a firm baptismal date later this week. They are very excited to go to church.

It's crazy the oppisition people run into when we start teaching them. People get sick. Horrible things happen in there lives. All kinds of stuff happens. Satan works really hard from keeping things happening.

Poor Nick. I'll pray for him. That's too bad to hear. I hope Joseph has a lot of fun this summer. The Wearnes are awesome people and I look up to them. So who is Dad's new counselor?

Well not too much else happened this week. We are double booked a lot and really busy. Hopefully we can help some people get some firm baptismal dates this week. We're praying for miracles and they are coming.

I love you guys so much. I got my stuff from Pres Augustine. He dropped it off at the mission office and I grabbed it. Thanks so much. Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment