Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EN1-June 29, 2010

Hey Fam!

Don't worry Mom, I feel less then the dust of the earth every day lol. But confident because I know I'm in my Saviors work. Just so you know Mom, a kid named Jake Sawyer might be giving you a call. He served for a few months in our mission and had to go home because of some serious anxiety problems that came from something pretty bad that happened to him in his past. He lived in my last area in South Ogden. We got to know each other pretty well. He has been judged and treated bad for not serving a 2 year mission when people really don't know his whole story. He has tried a lot of different counseling but I told him to give you a call to try EFT. He's willing to try.

So..... 6 baptisms this weekend! It was awesome. An older couple the Rushings in there 60's got baptized, a 16 year old girl named Hanna, and then I went back to South Ogden to baptize Hudson and Jacob and Elder Jeffer baptized Henry. It was sweet. I forgot to send the pics. A kid I taught named Kendrick who plays college ball in South Dakota in my last area is getting baptized this next week. I'll probably go see that one too.

So a couple of miracles. Joel wants to be baptized on the tenth. He is really smart and has studied a lot of religions and can't see any reason not to. Another girl named Chelsey is getting baptized on the tenth, we thought it wouldn't happen until August but we're going to be able to do it sooner after all. We have a few others that can also be baptized, about 5 with baptismal dates. We have a couple families who can get baptized if we can get them to church this week. We are also picking up a few kids as well. It's going to take a couple miracles but we're going to show the Lord our faith and keep working hard and pray for our goal of 9.

Things are going great. I got in my first biking accident of my mission yesterday lol. It wasn't too bad. I hit a curb, my bike stopped but I didn't. I flipped over the handle bars but luckily it was onto grass and not the cement. I was on exchanges with another Elder. We had a good laugh. Not even scraped or bruised!

I'm going to ask Prez if I can serve with Travis Lunt. That would be cool lol. I think I'm going to try and finish my mission here as well. This is a sweet are and things are going great.

Well, I love you you guys so much and I'm praying for you all everyday. Take care and Hurrah for Israel!!!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment