Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Zone leader

March 30, 2010
Hey Fam!

Well to answer your question it's been to weeks and the South Ogden Zone hasn't fallen apart yet. I'm too nervous or woried. The 5 transfers as a DL in Bountiful I was always working close with the ZL's so it helped me prepare a lot. I new it was going to happen this transfer. President Olson is very open with me. He lives in my area so I swing by his house once or twice a week. It's cool I'm getting to know Pres pretty good.

Well some more news....... I have a new companion...... They had to move some people around and I have Elder Jeffery!!!! My mtc companion! Pretty crazy. I was having a ton of fun with Elder Walker, but if I had to switch companions in the middle of the transfer Elder Jeffery would be the one I want. I was actually wanting to serve really bad with him this transfer and so my prayers have been answered, only in a different way then I expected lol. He's a stud. It's sweet to see how much we've grown compared to when we were mtc comps.

So things are going great. We're teaching several new families and Nick got baptized this last Saturday. We have a couple of baptisms lined up for the tenth. We also met this sweet less active family that wants us to teach them and they have a 9 year old who needs to be baptized. Leah Mullin is 20 something, married to a sweet RM and is scheduled for the 10th for baptism. This is a great area with a lot of work.

So we set a goal to double the Zone's baptisms. We had 14 this last month and we are shooting for 28 this month. Our zone has 31 with a date, but we always are bound to lose some so we will be pushing the zone to find and commit this week because it's the last week to find people for baptism for April.

It's been crazy since I've only been here a week longer and don't know the area too well. We're figuring things out. 3 stakes, 30 wards. It's geographically the biggest area I've covered so far. The most wards I've covered as well also. President said he plans on keeping us both here a while so I'm looking forward to that. We're meeting a lot of people and teaching a lot. It's great most of our evenings are scheduled with appointments.

Working out is going good to. Did p90x again today, the plyometerics again for the the 2nd time and I'm not hobbling as bad. I'm going to get in pretty good shape. We have to go every morning becuase he expects us so it makes us get up a little earlier to go work out.

Everything is great. I'm excited for conference and we'll be trying to take an investigator down. Maybe you'll see me in the crowd lol. Well, take care I love you all! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment