Monday, March 22, 2010








March 16, 2010

Hello Family!

Soooooo........ I'm not going to Preston after all... President changed his mind, called me last night and asked me to serve in South Ogden with Elder Andrew Walker from Mesa, AZ! Woot!!!!! I'm super excited for this next transfer. I've been out one longer then he has and he is a stud missionary. We are going to rock South Ogden. Elder Johnson is in my zone too! I'm so dang stoked!!!!!

I'm kinda sad to be leaving here. I feel like Ammon (Alma 17:23). But my time is up and the Lord has new things in store for me. Brandon was baptized Saturday. It was an awesome baptism. Roy and Ceaser are close to being baptized. Skylar get's out of the hospital tomorrow. We started teaching a cool kid named Ethan last night. We found a couple of new families to teach this week. I'm pleased with my time spent in the area. I was able to help our 3 stakes improve the missionary efforts in their wards by developing ward mission plans and making wards more aware of missionary work. It's been awesome. It's tough saying goodbye to everyone, but it's part of being a missionary.

I'm stoked for the temple!!!! Woot!!! That's awesome. I would have voted for Joseph if I was there.

Mom, don't worry about your friend. I run into anti's everyday. A lot of them are good people. They are just ignorant of our beliefs and doctrine and brain washed by their pastors. Anyone who tears down someone else's faith is doing things the adversary's way, not God's way. Funny how when people join this church they aren't devastated. That's not how God works. When we learn eternal truths it brings happiness. When people live this church they do it in anger, and tripping and falling. Other churches tear down truth. We build it up. I think Mormon 9 describes the Christian world. A world that decides who God is without going to him themselves and asking him instead of asking men. Also if they can't prove the Book of Mormon wrong then they can't prove this church wrong. I dare anyone to try that too. It will be a lifelong pursuit that leads to failure because it can't be done. It would only bring bitterness and hard feelings to do that as well. I could go on for hours giving examples of what makes that book true, but a spiritual witness is really all you need. That Book will stand through the eternities.

You should invite them to my homecoming. They probably wouldn't come. I would love to sit down and talk to her myself. If she spent an hour with dad she would have no chance. But that's not what it is about. Our good example and love is more important. That's what Christ taught. Not condemning people to hell because they believe different then we do. But to invite others to come closer to him.

So I'm kinda bummed about the seminary closing, but I knew it would happen eventually. As long as you guys don't move while I'm on my mission, or any of my bros are I'm happy lol. I hope you guys have fun during spring break this week. Party hard! haha. I'm just happy and loving life. I've never been happier in my life. Being in the service of our Savior brings more joy then anything else in this life. I know that to be true.

Well, I love you guys. You're my eternal family. I'm grateful for all your love and support and will be praying for you as well as our extended family. Tell the Greg Nortons they are in my prayers. Love you all and Hurrah for Israel!!!!

Elder Norton1



No comments:

Post a Comment