Hello Family,
This will be very short. I'm sorry. I'm almost out of time to
right. I just want to let you all know that I love you! I love being a
missionary and serving till I'm dead tired. I'm racing Elder Stewart
every where we go, and he hates it! He goes all "red neck" on me and
won't let me win. But I've learned that I win everytime I don't give up.
There have been so many times where I just want to sleep on the side of
the road! I know this might sound a little funny, but whenever I want
to quit I just talk to Jesus and tell Him I'm doing my best, and then
it's impossible for me to quit.
Use Jesus Christ everyday, use His atonement! Use His strength and use the Holy Ghost that He so willingly gives us!
I love you all, and I should be having my first baptism on
Thursday! Pray for Hayley! (That's the little girl getting baptized!)
Love,
Elder Norton
SEP 11
Elder Norton doing the Haka from a few weeks back
Hi from Utah!
Well.... I had my first baptism
on Thursday! Gosh, it was so sweet! Being able to see Haylee come out
of the water a perfect child of God (even if momentarily) was way sweet.
Knowing that Jesus Christ makes all of the possible is very comforting.
My companion is District leader and he had to go to a training on
Friday and he shared with me later some of the things he learned. The
Sacrament is one of the most important ordinances we can have. It renews
our Baptismal covenants weekly and also our temple covenants. The
Sacrament is what keeps us going! Keeps me goin anyway.
This past week has also been one of the hardest. We had
a few days where we were supposed to have about 7 lessons. And most of
those fell through. We should have had about 27 lessons this past week
but ended up with about 11. I know that the Lord was making sure that
Elder Stewart and I were willing to work. So from that week of hard work
we have had 2 people who asked to meet with us... SICK!
On Saturday I had 7 flat tires. That night I bought 2
new extra thick tubes. Costed about $30 total. The next day my back tire
went flat... agggghhhh! Elder Stewart and I joke that Heavenly Father
is sitting up in Heaven pointing his finger at my bike tires and goin
"BOOM! BOOM!" Haha.
I'm getting my hair cut and it will probably be really short. I'm embracing the bald :)
I love you all and I know that if you all continue to pray, and be faithfull in Christ, everything will be okay! :)
Love,
Elder Norton
SEP 18
Hi Family!
The only reason why I don't want you to send the bike is because
I'm afraid I'll have to get new tubes for it, and it will cost you a
truck load! Not cool! I'm afraid also that I'm going to get transferred
to an area and I won't use my bike as much. I don't know, you should
just receive revelation for me Mom and decide what should be done.
Because I'm surviving with the bike I have now. I don't know... haha,
I'm terrible at making this life altering decision!
So, this week... It's been interesting! We have been able to teach a
lot. But there have been a few disagreements between my comp and I. Not
anything huge, just small things....But I've learned the
importance of this life and the urgency of the work of our Lord Jesus
Christ and our Heavenly Father. I look around and the world today and I
think of all the things that are happening and it's like we are living
in Book of Mormon times. There are wars, secret combinations,
Governments who no longer look to God, nations that do not believe
in God... It's crazy huh? But it doesn't discourage me so much as it
gives me confidence in the Power of Christ and the Love He has for us.
I know that things in our lives don't always go as planned, but
if we live our life as planned by Heavenly Father's Plan, everything
will be right! Ya know what I mean?? His plan is going to happen and it
is a plan of Happiness! So I know, that as I do better to follow that
plan and build my life around it, my life will be a success in the eyes
of my Maker!
So we are teaching a lot of people right now. We are teaching a
lady named Kimberly D. Her parents were polygamists, ( not good )
But she knew growing up, that wasn't what God wanted her parents to be
doing. So we are teaching her the importance of Baptism and how it will
bring her Eternal Happiness! She should be getting baptized in the next
coming weeks! We're also helping her husband come back to Church and get
him worthy so he can baptized his wife! I'm stoked for that. Funny
short story real quick! Sunday Elder Stewart and I went to go visit her,
while her husband and her went out of the room we saw 2 Jehovah's
Witness magazine/proselyte material on one of the shelves on their
entertainment center. So while they were out of the room I quickly
snagged them and put em' in my backpack! haha, I dont' know if that was
right or not, but it was hilarious. They said that JW missionaries
stopped by like the day before... we don't want any of that! haha, jk.
They are children of God as well so I love them
So yeah, I've been working out every morning since I've been here
and I feel so much better that I have the past few months. Eating better
as well!
Things at home sound great. Keep working hard and everything will
work out fine! :) I love you all! I know that Jesus Christ is our Lord
and leads and guides His Church today. As we follow the Prophets and
their counsel we will be guided to Eternal Life and the Blessings that
come with it! :)
Hurrah for Israel!
SEP 25
Hey there little fella's! Family!! :)
I have bad news and good news. What do you want to hear first?? FINE, I'll tell you the bad news first.... Bad new = I still have love handles. Good news = I'm staying in Mt Lewis this Transfer!! Can I get a holla! I'm very happy that Elder Stewart and I get to stay companions for this next transfer! (I'm hoping to kill him off the mission. We'll see!) We have many friends that we want to help here. This next six weeks will be tough but will be SUPER DOOPER good!
No bikes! ( in the voice of Edna from the Incredibles). The bike I have will do. If I end up getting switched to another biking then you are more than welcome to send the bike, but until then... NO bikes!
And about my companion and I having disagreements. I understand that's a part of being a missionary. I definitely could be more humble in the way I handle things though. I'm trying my best. :)
Poor Bro Jernigan. He really could use the fulness of the Gospel in His life. I've gained a testimony of the Priesthood power. Priesthood blessings are amazing, and work according to the faith of those in need of such blessings. Bro Jernigan has a lot of faith. I know that to be true. And about Joseph Applegate, that is sad. I hope he recovers. But like was said many times, the Will of the Lord, will be done.
So Kimberly, she's very close. She has to meet with a gen. authority. She's nervous about that I think so she hasn't scheduled it yet. BUT, we had a lesson with a family that went awesome. And missionaries in the past few months have been trying to meet with them but were never able to. We committed the father of the 2 daughters to get worthy so he can baptize them. That's a new thing that our President has encouraged us to do. To teach and help those who are not very active to become active/worthy and participate in the ordinances of the Gospel such as Baptism, Sacrament, Temple. It's great!
Elder Stewart and I have biked over 400 miles this transfer. We have definitely been strengthened because of Christ and His love for us. We are doing our best to stay positive and rely on the Lord. Gosh... I can't tell you how awesome it is to be a missionary right now. The more and more I read the scriptures and look at the times, I see and feel that the Savior's Coming is very near :) It makes me happy
OH!! The Brigham City Temple dedication on Sunday was awesome! President Packer is a stud! And he's hilarious! This morning, we were able to go to the sealing of Elder Stewart's old companion and his mom! First sealing in the Brigham City Temple. It was so awesome! I have some pics of the Temple!
Anyway, I love you all. I know this Gospel is the Lord's. And He's working in His vineyard :)
Hurrah For Israel!
Elder Norton3
I have bad news and good news. What do you want to hear first?? FINE, I'll tell you the bad news first.... Bad new = I still have love handles. Good news = I'm staying in Mt Lewis this Transfer!! Can I get a holla! I'm very happy that Elder Stewart and I get to stay companions for this next transfer! (I'm hoping to kill him off the mission. We'll see!) We have many friends that we want to help here. This next six weeks will be tough but will be SUPER DOOPER good!
No bikes! ( in the voice of Edna from the Incredibles). The bike I have will do. If I end up getting switched to another biking then you are more than welcome to send the bike, but until then... NO bikes!
And about my companion and I having disagreements. I understand that's a part of being a missionary. I definitely could be more humble in the way I handle things though. I'm trying my best. :)
Poor Bro Jernigan. He really could use the fulness of the Gospel in His life. I've gained a testimony of the Priesthood power. Priesthood blessings are amazing, and work according to the faith of those in need of such blessings. Bro Jernigan has a lot of faith. I know that to be true. And about Joseph Applegate, that is sad. I hope he recovers. But like was said many times, the Will of the Lord, will be done.
So Kimberly, she's very close. She has to meet with a gen. authority. She's nervous about that I think so she hasn't scheduled it yet. BUT, we had a lesson with a family that went awesome. And missionaries in the past few months have been trying to meet with them but were never able to. We committed the father of the 2 daughters to get worthy so he can baptize them. That's a new thing that our President has encouraged us to do. To teach and help those who are not very active to become active/worthy and participate in the ordinances of the Gospel such as Baptism, Sacrament, Temple. It's great!
Elder Stewart and I have biked over 400 miles this transfer. We have definitely been strengthened because of Christ and His love for us. We are doing our best to stay positive and rely on the Lord. Gosh... I can't tell you how awesome it is to be a missionary right now. The more and more I read the scriptures and look at the times, I see and feel that the Savior's Coming is very near :) It makes me happy
OH!! The Brigham City Temple dedication on Sunday was awesome! President Packer is a stud! And he's hilarious! This morning, we were able to go to the sealing of Elder Stewart's old companion and his mom! First sealing in the Brigham City Temple. It was so awesome! I have some pics of the Temple!
Anyway, I love you all. I know this Gospel is the Lord's. And He's working in His vineyard :)
Hurrah For Israel!
Elder Norton3



No comments:
Post a Comment