Monday, October 1, 2012

JULY 2012

JULY 3

This might be short. I don't have as much time as I have previously had serving in the Referral Center Mission. BUT, BOY DO I LOVE HUNTSVILLE! Beautiful place. So green and it cools down to about the 60's at night! Oh blessed day. I hear that it's hotter than snot in Arizona... suckers! Haha, jk. I'm so sorry for the heat. There have been tons of fires here. Not in the Huntsville valley which is good

So Huntsville seems small, but there are about 10 thousand people here. I love it. There is so much work that needs to be done and I hope that I get to stay with my companions. There are three of us covering 12 wards, which is one stake! CRAZY! Only in Utah huh!? haha

We are doing are very best to get members involved. I think most people are scared. It's totally understandable. I've been there and everyone has been. It's not always the easiest trying to share the Gospel. No body likes getting rejected that's for sure. But I'm learning to love and to become friends. In the New Testament Christ refers to the Apostles and disciples as His friends. I love that. I can't wait till the day that He calls me His friend :) He's definitely been my best friend out here on my mission.

Anyways, yesterday was probably the best day here so far. (Everyday as a missionary is awesome:) Yesterday we went over to KW's house. We talked for about an hour and a half just about the Gospel. He and all of his family aren't members but they are so nice and open. I think one of the things that I've learned since being out is that Mormons share many of the same beliefs as other Christians. But you see people getting all worked up about religion. It's so sad.

I was reading in 1Nephi about the great and abominable church, and I think that "church" is misunderstanding and impatience. I really do. So many people don't want to learn or listen. I'm trying to do a better job of listening to those I teach and talk with. And it's working. Gosh, I've gained such a great testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost in teaching and just in my own personal life. So many things that come to my mind when I need it, because of the Holy Ghost. I've so glad God loves us enough to not only give us His Son Jesus Christ but also that He gives us the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is so powerful and He has helped me out so much.

Anyway, I love missionary work and I'm doing my best to be like Jesus. He's my idol :)

So how's everything at home. Seems like everyone is busy. Tell Noah that he'll be swimming like Crush (Finding Nemo) in no time! "Ha, grab shell dude!" Olivia, I miss your little face and your little laugh. Keep being nice and do what Mom and Dad says, they know what their talking about! Emily, don't kiss any boys at EFY... or ever for that matter. Boys are silly and pretty dumb. Stay away from them until you get married:)

Mommy, I love you! Keep being the best Mom in the world and being an example to me. I've learned a lot with you, and I wish I could teach everyone EFT that I meet. Flip, I should. Anyway, Dad... "I nevah nyoo my fawtha!" - Bruce Jk, Dad, I met a seminary teacher this week and I told him, "My dad's a seminary teacher, he knows what's up" Thanks for being the best seminary teacher/second counselor/institute teacher/bishop/FAWTHA ever! :)

Anyway, enough from me eh? Ha, I love everyone and I love being a missionary. (BTW I'm balding) HAHAHAHHAHAH

This Gospel is TRUE. It is headed by our Savior Jesus Christ and He is watching over all of us, every single child of God. We just have to keep our eyes open!

Hurrah For Israel!

Elder Norton

JULY 10

Thanks so much for the email. All the things going on back home sound awesome! Everyone in Iowa, with Dad and his boat, Noah and Olivia, and then the house! Fetch!! I love it!

This letter will be very short. Sorry. I don't have much time! Huntsville Valley has about 10,000 people in it. 40% Mormon. We have a lot of work to do. Me and my companions are all staying here in this area. We are ready to kick satan's butt this transfer and help everyone come unto Christ. We are all trying to do better are becoming better individually which will help eachother! I love this work and I love being a missionary. Everyday is so special and I learn something new. President Hiers is amazing and I'm excited to get to know him better. We have two friends who are looking good for baptism.

I pray every day that as I work my hardest and as I am obedient, that God will use my talents and use me as his tool for the work. :) I love you all and I will definitely take more time next time to write. Everyone keep up the good work. Pray!!

Love,

Elder Norton3

JULY 17

Hello Family! (All of my first responses are to Mom's questions :)
 
Yes I do have P-days. Those are on Tuesdays. Today, I played a ton of tennis at a park in Hunstville. Most of our Zone came to Hunstville and a ton of the youth we invited came too. There was basketball. Soccer. Football. Rugby and Frisbee. A ton of fun. I'm really sun burned hahaha. My legs hurt from the sunburn.
Let's see, I try to work out everymorning. We have this 40 foot 2 inch rope that we tie onto the porch and we use that to work out with. We basically move our arms up and down like we are running. We do that for about 15 minutes. Then we study for an hour. After we have a 2 hour Comp. study becasue Elder Pali is training Elder Samia and I. He's a good trainer. Both of them are polynesian and it's rubbing off on me. I now love dried squid and Spam, rice, & eggs. YUMMY (jim carrey face)
 
We have been focusing on visiting the auxilies of the 12 wards we cover. (Good thing I remember names pretty well) sheesh! But's it's been so good. To be honest, we are teaching about 4 people total. We have about 5 lessons a week..... I sometimes want to cry. I'm not at all saying these things to make you guys feel bad for me. I want to cry because this gospel means so much to me and our family and has done so much for us. And I KNOW with every bit of my heart that this Gospel is meant for everyone and will help anyone with anything, but some people don't want it. That's what makes me sad. BUT!! The SHOW MUST GO ON!! (btw, that is a song the Queen sings, great song, you all should look it up right now... hahah.... seriously)
 
I love being a missionary more than anything and I continue to see God's and Christ's hands' in my life and the lives of those around me. I'm doing my best to keep my "siritual eyes" open. Anyway, everything back home sounds awesome! I hope everything goes well and I know that both of the houses will sell soon and everything will be okay. And even if the houses don't sell soon.... everything will be okay :)
 
I love you all and I will be sending my camera's memory card home soon. It has several videos of me being weird of course and a ton of pictures while I was still in the MTC and here in Hunstville as well!
 
I love the Lord, and I love my Heavenly Father! They have my back and they have all of your backs' as well. Don't forget to give Them the glory, in the good times and in the bad!
 
Peace PEASANTS!! hahaha jk love you all
 
Elder Norton3

JULY 24

Hello family!!

Mommy, I usually write in the afternoons I guess. Don't worry about checking so much hahaha. Pioneer day.... We marched in the Pioneer Day Parade in Ogden. There were about 100 of us. WE did the Haka like at every stop light. We did it about 13 times.... CRAZY! Then we went to this kid's house to eat. He was out on his mission for a while but then had to come home. He's trying to get back out here. We're spending time with him nevertheless. Things are going great. We are working hard. We are starting to see progress in finding more people to teach. I know that I'll have to continue to do my best to be obedient to keep up the work. Ya know. The Lord is blessing us, so I definitely don't want to screw that up and lose them. Tennis on Pdays is awesome. I lose most of the time because I can't run hahaha. I look like a very old man trying to to chase a butterfly or something. Sunburn turned into a tan. I love the weather. The heat here is nothing compared to the heat in AZ. (Sorry chums!)

I'm trying my best to stay focused in keeping the Spirit with me. It's not easy that's for sure. There have been some things that I'm been disappointed with and I'm struggling with. I don't want to be a downer or anything but, the mission life is tough sometimes. I definitely love everything about it! I've learned many things in these few short months and I hope to continue to grow closer to Jesus Christ. He's done everything for me. He's saved me from my past. He's given me strength when I had none and He waits always with His hands open and waiting. I'm just doing what I can to come unto Him. His atonement has kept me going and I'm definitely using the power of His atonement to strengthen me when I'm weak and to lift me out of the darkness of sins and mistakes.

I love the Lord and My Heavenly Father. I love you all so very much. Continue to be faithful and all will okay. If you feel like you can't do something, just remember that Jesus knows how you feel and can help you!

Love, Elder Norton3

JULY 31

Hello family!

Had a pretty good week. I went on exchanges with some Spanish Elders in my District. That was way sweet. It's crazy how the gospel is exactly the same in all languages. And I understand almost everything that what said, I just couldn't say anything back haha.

We have baptismal dates for two young men we are teaching. Their names are Jo and Reggie. They are twins and they look nothing like eachother. Anyway it's good to finally have dates for them. We have been working with a man named BR since I got here. He knows that everything we have taught him is true he just needs to marry his girlfriend whose name is Liz. She is a member. We are teaching a few more people, a man named Mike who belongs to this Non-denominational Bible Church. He's such a nice guy. We are struggling with him in  a few ways. We are teaching this couple who is very nice and they are also born again something's hahaha, I don't mean that in any disrespect at all. We're hoping to get a date for them soon.

For Pday I played some tennis and wrote letters basically. Got sunburned again :) Oh, I have had like an ingrown toenail things goin on for the past week. I went to walmart and got some Epsom Salt which has helped a lot! I'll try to send a picture... YUMMY!! haha, It's exciting to here about all of the things goin on. Chris... You're a stud and I love you. I'm sending you a present. Drew and Liz... both of you are beautiful (Elizabeth of course is more beautiful) Jeff... Do work at Safford High man! Emily, stop getting taller and cuter and tells all of the dudes and lamos to back off. Boys are dumb. Noah, I love you studly hat man. Olivia, you are amazing and you are definitely the prettiest girl in the world. Dad, you're the big boss, you handsome stud. Big hunk of love. Mom, you are the superhero that holds us all into place! I love you all!

I love being a missionary and I love serving Christ my Lord and also my Heavenly Father. Anyway, I must depart :) I love all of you so much.

Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment