Hello!
I'm pretty sure this will be a pretty short email. Ha, not much to give you.
This week has been good though. Well every day is good being a missionary. I've always felt like I've had a testimony, but I haven't always felt like it was the strongest. I am in know way boasting when I say this, but I realize that my testimony is strong :) Being here at the MTC and as an online missionary I've seen and heard some crazy/anti/sleezy/atheist/ plain psycho stuff! Things that if I heard before my mission I would have no idea what to say or what to think. Considering, there have been times where I've had to do much study afterwards, and it will be like that the rest of my mission... and my life for that matter. We are never truly done learning. There is always something our Heavenly Father wants us to experience and grow from. I look for those opportunities of growth. I don't necessarily like hard things, but I learn the most from them. And my mission so far has been hard. I've faced hate from people, disappointment from lessons or investigators, tons of rejection. (and I'll face more of that I know) but all of it has made me learn what is most important. And that is what Jesus Christ thinks of us!
Christ is so kind and gives His love to all. I've learned that unless we have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father and Christ, we won't have to strength to be sustained. It's hard to make changes sometimes, especially in this world of ever changing values. As Elder Ahlstrom and I teach people about our faith, one of the hardest things for them is change. When we change we often fear what others or what the world will think of us. As long as we change for good and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ's Gospel and the commandments of God, we don't have to worry about what others say. It's easier said then done, but it is possible. That is why it's so important to put our confidence in Christ and not our own strength.
One of the best ways to receive strength in times of need is by serving others. Christ ALWAYS looked outward. Never inward. He served everyone and helped everyone. Everyday we have opportunities to serve others, and as disciples and followers of Jesus Christ, are we going to pass up those opportunities, or are we going to do all we can to help?
One thing that I've recently learned in these past few weeks is Patience. It truly is a Heavenly Virtue as President Thomas S. Monson says. http://www.lds.org/ ensign/1995/11/patience-a- heavenly-virtue?lang=eng There's a link to it if any of you would like to read it. And here's a scripture that I love about how us as Latter Day Saints (even those who aren't, who follow Christ) and disciples of Jesus Christ have so much and that is why we must have patience in our afflictions and trials.
1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
I love those verses!
This week Elder Ahlstrom and I ate at Cafe Rio, very yummy! We went there with one of his older companions and met one of their converts. It was way sweet. I look forward to having those long friendships with the investigators I teach. Tomorrow I should have more information on my silly little foot. :) We'll see what happens. I'm hopefully going to be going to D.I. soon to get some slacks and some shirts. (short sleeved.) It's beginning to get hotter, but thankfully not as hot as Arizona! Anyway, I love you all. I hope Jeff is doing well with sells. He's a stud. I don't think I could have done that during high school. I was too scared! We just got back from a Mexal which is a Mexican & Salvadorian restaurant and I had Chile rellenos, enchiladas, and this Salvadorian sopapia type things called Papusas! So dang good!
Anyway, I love you all. I miss you all. Not enough that I want to be home, but I still miss you :) and there is nothing wrong with that. I hope you all have great weeks, and I will talk to you next week! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment