May 30, 2012
You sly dog! You trying to be sneaky huh! Well you are too late! Jk, I don't really have the answer yet. When I got my cast taken off the DR didn't make me get an X ray. Not until Monday next week. But that's okay:) I love it here and this is my mission for right now! I'm very excited to go to Ogden though. And thanks for that Newsletter. I hope I get to serve in some of the same areas as Drew, that would be way sweet. I have already seen the blessings of being called to Ogden Utah! An Elder approached me the other day. He asked if I was Drew's brother and I said yes. He then told me he was one of Drew investigators and that he is a convert. His name is Elder Manuby. It brings me so much joy. I know our Lord wants me to see the work in Ogden because will be personal to me. I already have met people from there and many have given me names and friends to contact. I feel so blessed. :) I also met an old companion of Drew's, Sabesta was his name. I don't remember his first name. But Elder Ahlstrom, a few other missionaries and I were out for a break and walking around the MTC and BYU. On our way back we were walking in front of the gates at the MTC and Sebesta came out of the Temple and he said he was really thankful for the RC missionaries and the work that is done there. He then noticed my name and we figured out the connection... DREW and the Ogden Utah mission. So sweet. Anyway, enough with that :)
Oh, Chris! Remember the New Years Dance in Kentucky that
we went to? One of the girls there is now on a mission. She is going to
the Salt Lake City mission! Crazy! Small world!
It's hard to think about the loss of Marlene but we know that she has
the opportunity to see her family again :) Isn't that just awesome! This
Gospel is so sweet, I love it!
We have been
teaching a few people. Ciara from Tennessee is who we are working the
hardest with. (oh and by the way Mom we have this blog/forum thing that a
missionary here created so that Members who do not have family support
can have support from other members! It's way sweet!) We are
hopefully committing her to baptism tonight! We'll let you know how that
goes! But I'm so pumped for that!
Being in the MTC is such a huge blessing! Any
missionary who does not like the MTC chooses to make the MTC a negative
experience. The spirit here is amazing. It is an extension of the
Temple. We have apostles and general authorities come frequently!
Prophets of the Lord! We are able to do missionary work in the Temple
once a week! We are always fed and we have so much here! It hurts my
feelings when missionaries or Rm's say the MTC was no fun. I love it
here and will always love it. And the RC missionaries have done so much
to come out here and serve. The RC missionaries teach people from all
over the world! That just proves the MTC is amazing. Ha, sorry for
ranting about the MTC. It's just, this mission and this Gospel has truly
changed my life. I've never appreciated the Gospel until my mission.
And now it's all I want to do... I want to be a missionary!
Emily! It's good to hear you've graduated!
High school is fun, make sure you keep up your studying. Don't slack!
It's not worth it! I know that you are an awesome in school and you'll
be fine :) And stay away from boys. They are all dumb! Trust me, all my
friends and I were dumb! Wait until you graduate till you get a
boyfriend!
(Mommy, just wanted to make sure the BOX is taped up)
I
don't have much more to say other than this Gospel of Jesus Christ is
true! The Book of Mormon is the most important book we have on this
Earth! It is a testament of Christ our Lord and of His love for us. READ
and STUDY and PONDER it's word daily! That is so important! It's a
commandment. The Book of Mormon has changed my life and the way I look
at things. I've found so many answers from it that I never would have
been able to find anywhere else!
Today we went and ate at a restaurant called Zupas.
It was pretty good. I had my first heart race today. Not fun. We went to
a store called Seagull Book (basically Deseret Book) And it was really
hot and the whamo! It lasted for about 5 minutes. It was a sucker ha.
But I haven't been drinking any caffeine or anything so I think that has
helped. It just happens I guess.
Well, I'm well, please don't worry at all. Everyone
keep working hard and praying:) And read the Book of Mormon as much as
possible!
Elder Norton3
I think these were taken at Thanksgiving point.




No comments:
Post a Comment