Sunday, August 15, 2010

EN2--Aug. 2,9

Aug. 2,

So I'm pretty blown away by that little piece of information you just gave me. (Told him ancestor born there in Ky) I've been in pendleton about 1000 times since i've been in carrollton! So David Norton was born there? Man this is going to drive me crazy! So yes Patti called you. I'm still in Carrollton though. We leave tuesday. We have a meeting in Louisville and then we meet our comps and head out. I'm going to be training again. So if you think about that...... I'm going to a new area and my new companion is coming straight from the MTC......... WHITEWASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is going to be a SWEET experience! I'm stoked I get to train again. Elder Eliot and I have had a blast. I am a little nervous though because we'll be starting from scratch and I'll be teaching the new Elder everything. It's a comfort to know that it's the Lord's will. Elder Eliot will stay in carrollton and he'll be getting another companion. Oh yeah, the place I'm getting shipped to is called Greenville? Kentucky. It's just south of Owensboro. It's going to be super sweet! Great opportunity for me to grow! Sounds like the vaca was fun. Excited to see the pics. I'm going to be sending a big box home mom with a bunch of my junk. I'd rather you not open it but if you're curious to see whats in it then go for it. Just make sure everything gets put back in :) Sunday was pretty hard. It was fast and testimony meeting. Saturday night I didn't call anyone because I didn't know how to tell ppl. Well, we were out with a member when we got the phone call (the member lives in pendleton :) and so he was the only one who knew. Anyways he gets up and bears his testimony and says, "well, Elder Norton is leaving us....." everyone turns and looks back at me.......Oooooops haha

So yeah there was a lot of tears but really powerful testimonies. I got up at the end to bear my testimony. It was harder then my "farewell" back home! After church we took some pics. I was doing great until Rebecca came up to me. She asked if we would be by for the last time to see her on tuesday. I told her we had to go to Louisville. She has the softest sweetest voice so that was hard enough as it is, but anyway this is what she told me, "Thank you for knocking on my door and finding me. I'm really going to miss you, but the Lord needs you to go knock on someone else's door and find them. So go find them. I'm really going to miss you." She then turned and walked to her car and drove away........... I can't handle goodbyes! We have 4 lunch/dinner appointments today! Tomorrow idk how i'm going to say goodbye to brother and sister graves. Worst part about the mission!

I love it though. The part that gets me the worst is that everyone says you'll get home and start your life and get married and forget about all of us. Not cool. Anyway it's been a humbling experience to serve here. I feel I've really gained a testimony of my Savior through my trials here. Can't wait for my next journey. Anyway it was a great week. Can't really think of more to say because of all the excitement and nervousness and shock of my family history. Mom, y did you have to tell me this a day before I leave??? haha Oh well. I love you all and next week you will hear more about Greenville, Kentucky and my new comp. Love you all.

Elder Norton#2

Aug. 9

Wow! What a week! Getting to know new area, members, companion. AWESOME! I'm stoked. Nervous as heck, but stoked. I like dad's advice of taking it one day at a time. I think sometimes we stress ourselves out because we look at the work that needs to be done and make ourselves think that it all has to happen in a day. "Wrong again!!!" Follow old Rafeke, he knows the way!" We can do all things! Elder Hart and I are going to do all things. He's from Kadesville, Ut. Reminds me so much of Micheal J Fox, specifically Marty off of back to the future. We are already best friends. I have a testimony of what Drew said, get along with your comp, make your relationship work, and be obedient and have fun, the Lord will pretty much do the rest. True stories. Mom I haven't received your package yet. Anxiously awaiting it. Nortonsville is unfortunately out of my area. I saw it on my way to district meeting. Crazy about Great grandma. So cool! I'll keep my eye out for "miracles".

Well this last week was tracting tracting tracting. Found some pretty sweet people. A couple of them were being taught by previous missionaries. Dad, we're teaching a guy named rick jackson. Elder Hatch from thatcher who came home right before I left, taught him. If he's still at ea tell him I'm teaching him. He thinks very highly of elder Hatch. We're also teaching a man named James Salsbury. Biggest man I've every met. He tried out for the Titans and made the team, but got in a car accident with his brother and broke his leg. The titans gave him an official on the team card with his name on it but attached a letter that said tough break. So he could be making millions of dollars playing in the NFL, but that's not what the Lord wants him to do, so he's in G-Ville Ky being taught by us! We're working on getting he and his girlfriend Crystal married so they can both be baptized! Right now we're just expecting miracles and living as if they've already happened. Being positive is such a wonderful thing. Makes life so much better. We're stoked for the work here and the opportunity the Lord has given us to serve.

Crazy about Drew and Elder Lunt! Dang small world isn't it. I keep forgetting about asking the MP about Jobo serving with me. I'll ask and see what happens. So at transfer meeting I met someone. An elder came up to me and said your brother trained me.....I was like what the? What do you mean. Then I looked at his name tag. ELDER COON! Finally met him. He had nothing but good things to say about Elder Norton #1 Kinda cool. So the vaca pics are crazy! I don't recognize anyone in my family. Joseph, Jeff, Emily, even Livy! They're all growing up. Noah and the king tut had was sweet! I'll look forward to getting that in the mail. Actually I lied, Uncle Ronnie still looks like a little girl! :) haha That's a pure joke! Don't tell him I said that. I miss those guys. Heath looks a lot older too. Looks like he's grown a little taller as well? Papo has aged a bit. Bonnie's kids are growing up too. Not cool. That's the way life is I guess.

Well I'm happy. Trying to keep all the negatives pushed out! Attitude of gratitude is where it's at! Always be grateful and willing to give, and the Lord will always bless us! The mission is awesome! I'll be out a year at the end of this transfer.....but who's counting! I love my family so much. You're the best. Look forward to talking to you soon.

Elder Norton#2

No comments:

Post a Comment