Sunday, August 15, 2010

EN1--Aug 2, 9

Aug. 2
Hey Fam!

I don't even remember if we can do that or not. Having Dad come that is. I'll email and ask my mission president this week. I don't think I'll be able to see him in person for a few weeks anyways. I forgot all about that. I haven't heard of anyone doing it lately so I don't know. Even if we can't teach Dad could tour the mission with me. We get to tour around before we go home. I'm not driving home so you know lol. I'm going to ride a plane either way. I'll find out some info on that kind of stuff.

Working with Travis is fun. I'm trying to help him open up more. He probably thinks I'm crazy at this point. Just off the wall having fun, working hard, talking to everyone. The mission has really helped me learn to talk to people. Anybody. When Travis opens up his mouth a little more he's going to be an amazing missionary. We've split up a few times this last week and I leave him on his own with an exchange. He is doing well. Great missionary.

The baptisms were awesome! I confirmed Tahnee on Sunday. She was in tears after. It was a really special experience for me. Her and her husband Victor were really excited. The first time we taught her she didn't believe in Jesus Christ. She went from no belief in anything to a testimony. I love serving here. Drew Willson got baptized to but I didn't make his baptism. I called him and talked for twenty minutes and he said some really nice things about Elder Jeffery and I. It was sweet. He had some sweet experiences with us. He set a goal for July a few months back. Usually when people set baptismal goals months down the road they don't make it. He did though! He was baptized July 31! Last day of the month. I joked around with him on the phone about that.

14 baptisms in 8 weeks! Woot! Have two more this week. A 9 year old named Savannah and a Micronesian lady named Koina. It's going to be great. I have 1-3 baptisms next week. One for sure. Probably 2. Hopefully 3 :). Really it all started with Elder Jeffery and I having a big focus on baptism. I don't work my guts out as hard as I used. I work more effectively and focus on baptism and it's brought a ton of success. I hope we can keep this going. It's really all the Lord. He's the one who makes it all happen. I just get out of his way more and let him bless us and do the work :). I've almost doubled my baptisms the last 6. Almost as many the last 6 as in the first 14 months. Crazy huh? I've just changed my mindset and it has been huge.

We don't have a car right now. Some other Elders with medical problems need it for now so we had to give it up. Really tough time to right now. We had 24 lessons set up on Sunday for the week! A lot fall through around here but we will still set up lessons during the week. We are running around like crazy to teach lessons. It's super fun. Teaching is the best. Well, next to baptizing it is.

My siblings are growing up! Tell them to stop!!!!! haha it was fun seeing those pictures of them all. Well I love you guys so much. I know the Lord looks out for our family. Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

Aug. 9

Hello Fam!

Things are going great. Koina Peset and Savanah Monkres were both baptized this weekend. It was a miracle weekend. We got a couple to people to church that have been super hard to get there. We will probably be having 2 more baptisms on the 21st this month. Jagger and Hailey.

Things are going pretty good. I think I'm getting transferred next week. We have mid-transfers this transfer because so many elders are going home a couple weeks early for school. President told me last interviews he would have me train and then he was going to make me a ZL again. So that's probably what will happen this next week.

Went to the temple this morning. I forgot my wallet so I just sat in the waiting room and studied. It was good. Not much planned for Pday today.

So the mission tour can be the last couple days of your mission. I should be getting my info soon. Elder Jeffery texted me this morning and he got his trunky call. That's what we call the phone call about how your going home and stuff. So they should be calling me today as well and figuring out when I need to come home. I think I'll be flying home on the 24th. The day before Thanksgiving. So probably monday and tuesday could probably be spent touring with dad. I think. I should get some info this week. I'll have the mission office give you a call.

K well not much else is going on. I love you guys. I'll write more next week! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Norton1

No comments:

Post a Comment