August 6, 2013
I have been to the temple twice in the past two weeks=] It started last tuesday here. I did cry. I cried a lot. The relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with Adam and Eve, is the way it must be with all of us as families. I'm excited for the day that I'll be able to make more sacred covenants in the temple and be sealed so that I might return back to God's presence. One of my favorite sections in D&C is section 109. If you have time today, you should read it maybe you'll get something out of it. What I learned from it is that ALL of us as members of the Church are SERVANTS of the Lord and we all must do our best to represent Him at all times. That is why, we now as missionaries are using facebook. So I'd ask that every time I post something, that you and my bros and the rest of my family will like it. So that all of your friends and their friends will see it. Through just 8 missionaries and their friends and their friends' friends, over 153,000 people can be reached and the Gospel can be shared. Matt 24:14
14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a
witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
We
as full time missionaries can now reach all nations, witnessing to all
that Christ's Kingdom is on the Earth and it's time to prepare, but the
rest of the missionaries (members) of the Church must be willing to
share. 70,000 Elders and Sisters cannot do it alone. But with 15 million
missionaries, it's possible.
I know the End is coming. I'm excited to see my Dear Saviour.
Love you mom.
August 13, 2013
Just to let you all know, our mission is now available to do online proselyting! WOW! So excited!
August 27, 2012
Good weekend. We had 2 baptisms this past weekend. At the Logan tabernacle. The font there is BIG! It was cool!! I don't have my camera today so the pics will have to wait.
I
had a lot of success and great experiences at the beginning of my
mission with this missionary tool! We have to work together on this! All
of us have to. Or it will not work.
My invitation to all of you, is to create a mormon.org
profile (if you haven't already) and to link it to your facebook. Every
time you post a comment about the gospel or like something that is
Gospel oriented, ALL your friends will see them. Make sure you say "WHY"
you like the things you do and pose a question or invitation that will
make everyone think.
Now, I ask all of you to share my mormon.org
profile everywhere, especially on facebook. Please share quick. And,
Like EVERYTHING that I post and like! Can you do that?? I'm ready to
teach and a ton of of my friends and YOUR FRIENDS are ready to learn and
accept. WE all can do the Lord's work together! And we have to do it
quick. My area just expanded... I now serve in all nations of the planet
Earth!
Matt 24:14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
We
as the full time missionaries (70,000 Elders and Sisters) can reach the
whole Earth. All nations. The Second Coming is soon. We all must be
found at that day serving our Savior!There are
over 14 million missionaries (members of the Church) that can reach
everyone. I learned yesterday that 8 missionaries and their friends, and
their friends' friends can reach over 153,000 children of God. Think of
how many 14 million missionaries can reach!!! WOW. Lets all work
together!!
I
know that the Prophet is following the counsel of the Lord. And when
Christ said "Cast your nets..." he might be referring to the inter"nets"
=]
Have a lovely day!!
Elder Norton3
August 20, 2013
I'm stayin in Logan for another transfer!! WHOO! That makes me very happy.
We
had a baptism last week for little Alex G. His family is doin well.
They are coming to Church and we are going to make sure that they stay
strong. He's a smart little guy. Alex reminds me of my little brother
Noah. Alex loves technology and is stinkin smart. He's got a funny sense
of humor as well.
This weekend we are having 2 baptisms as well. For Hannah G and Ella S.
Hannah
is a young girl and has been coming to Church with her family. Her mom
is now active and so is her 17 year old sister. It's cool to see people
learn and grow. I know that I have since I've been here and since I've
been able to teach Hannah. She has a great faith in God. You can often
know of someones faith by seeing the way they pray. She is so sincere
and thankful. Why can't we all be more like that more of the time. I
know that I can be a "Negative Nancy" sometimes. There is no reason for
it! Life is good and happy if we follow our Savior. Even when things
aren't fair.
Christ gave us the example of being happy and positive. He then said in John 13:17
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
Ella and her family are doing much better. I pray that all will
remain calm in their lives. I pray they'll work together an solve all
the differences that they might have. They can do it!!
Dion
is getting there! WE are doing our best to help them out. His work
schedule is crazy! I'd say that he'll be baptized in a couple weeks.
He's gotta quick smoking! If any of you ever start up smoking, expect me
to flip a table over. It's such a deterrent of the Holy Ghost. It's a
small thing that makes us break the commandment of "Thou shalt have no
other gods before Me"
We
can do All things with faith in God. Even quitting habits and giving up
things that might be distractions. It doesn't mean it's easy, but we
will experience eternal joy for being faithful.
Since
I've been on facebook, I've seen so many mean comments made about
people and about things. Negativity does not come from a good place. In
Helaman 16:22-23 it talks about how those who had become converted fell away because of RUMORS.
22
And many more things did the people imagine up in their hearts, which
were foolish and vain; and they were much disturbed, for Satan did stir
them up to do iniquity continually; yea, he did go about spreading
rumors and contentions upon all the face of the land, that he might
harden the hearts of the people against that which was good and against
that which should come.
23 And notwithstanding the signs and the wonders which were wrought
among the people of the Lord, and the many miracles which they did,
Satan did get great hold upon the hearts of the people upon all the face
of the land.
Don't
fall into the negativity that is "upon all the face of the land." Take
pres Uchtdorf's words into your hearts... and I'll do it too. "STOP
IT!"
God wants us to spread the Word of His Son. If we aren't spreading good things to those around us, what are we spreading??
I
love this work! Being a full time missionary is the best. Help the
Elders and Sisters where you live right now, by praying for an
opportunity to share the Gospel. And follow the prayer with real
intent!
Elder Norton3
August 27, 2012
Good weekend. We had 2 baptisms this past weekend. At the Logan tabernacle. The font there is BIG! It was cool!! I don't have my camera today so the pics will have to wait.
Ella's baptism
was great!! We had a lot of people come. We are still doing our best to
help out brother and sister S. They need the Gospel! Elder Mc
spoke a few words at their baptism and said "The gospel brings families
together." It does. It brings people closer. and I've seen it in my own
family and in the lives of so many people here in Utah. The S's
have a wonderful opportunity to use this spiritual experience as fuel
for future success. Often times Satan will try to catch people after
they've had success. Trying to tell people that they don't need to keep
going.
I was reading in the scriptures this past week... AWESOME experience reading in D&C 93
37 Light and truth forsake that evil one.
38 Every spirit of man was innocent in the beginning; and God having
redeemed man from the fall, men became again, in their infant state,
innocent before God.
39
And that wicked one cometh and taketh away light and truth, through
disobedience, from the children of men, and because of the tradition of
their fathers.
Every time we think of Light and sound, we know that
Light comes first. Often times when we receive a prompting to do
something good, or have just received revelation through the Holy Ghost,
right after comes satan tryin to dissuade us from following or doing
good. Light and truth always is there, we all have the Light of Christ.
Do we follow the light or do we listen to the distracting voices of the
world.
I'm trying my best to follow the light and ignore the sound of satan's sadness.
Yesterday
night after we were finished teaching the Ms family (they are going
to the temple in January!!!) we played a little soccer outside. I won't
say who did it, but, the ball hit a second story window and broke it.
Elder Mc was helping clean up the glass on the ground when a big
piece fell and hit his left index finger right on the knuckle.
Immediately the blood went flowing everywhere... Not good. He went as
white as a sheet and almost fell over. I grabbed a few kitchen rags from
their house and told him to hold it on the finger really tight. We
rushed over to Logan Hospital. We waited for an hour and a half till he
could be seen. Needless to say, I was crabby. (Which was not right for
me to do) ELder Mc's tendon was almost severed. He has 8 stitches now
on his finger. As we were walking out I made a comment how stressful
that must of been for him. He said, "I just feel so bad for that family
who lost their son" Apparently a young man died last night here in
Logan. Ya'll can look it up, but the point I wanted to make was, that
we are ALL always blessed. And there is always someone who needs
comfort. Not just us.
I learn much everyday. Most all comes through small
experiences. Treasure those moments because that is how we come closer
to God is by thanking Him for the small things He let's us experience. I
love GOD, HIS SON JESUS, and the HOLY GHOST!
LIVE TO SERVE!!
Elder Norton
No comments:
Post a Comment